Calling classic Finns

General chat about boats
PeterV

Calling classic Finns

Post by PeterV »

We used to get a lot of classic Finns sailing at Roadford, for several years we had over 10 entered. Last year there was only one, I'd like to encourage all Clasics Finns to make Roadford a priority this year (details on the front page) and see if we can get a good fleet again.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Barney

Re: Calling classic Finns

Post by Barney »

Hi Peter, I will be at Roadford in the Vanguard.
Cheers
Barney
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Good, that's at least 3 of us then, Nessa's bringing her Taylor, 4 if Alan's sailing his Finn.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Looking forward to it!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hope fully the ff will be finished by then. However there may well be a guest driver for the Finn in the form of Graham Brookes.
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

It would be great to see him again!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Alan I will bring your battens. One or two fitted, I will bring the others plus the sail in hope I might find a match somewhere.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Nessa
I’ll look out a sail for you.
Alan
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I have two complete sails, but I also have this Hyde one which I don’t have a full set of battens for. It’s not urgent, I would just like to see how it looks.

In other news I seem to be stuck at 6.80 on the mast rake because the mast foot appears to be at the end of its range of travel.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Nessa wrote:I have two complete sails, but I also have this Hyde one which I don’t have a full set of battens for. It’s not urgent, I would just like to see how it looks.

In other news I seem to be stuck at 6.80 on the mast rake because the mast foot appears to be at the end of its range of travel.
I have always got my track fully forward, or nearly so - and still the sail seems over-tight when sheeting right in. Maybe a Taylor thing? I don't know the numbers for my 'new' mast but the one I had before was definitely softer. And this with an elliptical deck ring on the mast (effectively raking the mast further back). I've not measured the tip-transom distance with this new mast yet.

Also my laminate hyde 'club' sail gave up the ghost the other week - split just above the lowest seam from luff rope to leech *bang* as I was showing a club member how the boom sheets down to the deck but up when you tack... so I am back to my ancient dacron sails now. One of them might just fit this new mast better I hope!

PS the reason for this post - as my Hyde sail is now scrap I have a full set of matching battens spare. If anyone is passing Cheltenham or Swindon on way to Roadford let me know - or Nessa I could post them to you? I'm visiting Bungay which is sort of your area first weekend of August if that helps.. Sadly, I and my Finn can not get to Roadford it clashes with other things :-( but I am aiming to go to Oxford for the Finn Classic / Inlands meeting in September.
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.