Enterprise E110

General chat about boats
SingTheNightSong

Enterprise E110

Post by SingTheNightSong »

I have Enterprise E110 which came without a measurement certificate - I know I can get a fresh one, but would prefer a copy of the original, is there any way of achieving this?? - would any of Jack Holts relatives keep the records of his early business dealings, if so, how may I get in touch with them??
Peter Horscroft
chris

Re: Enterprise E110

Post by chris »

i doubt if Jack Holt would have ever had a copy of each certificate anyway. His daughter lives in Canada I think.
I would contact the RYA as they may have records.
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Have you contacted the Enterprise association, as they have gave me copies for my 1960 boat?
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Rigman

Post by Rigman »

Good to know there are other early Ents around. I have number 77. Just got it home, it had sat in a dry factory since 1980. Im only the third owner. Some work to do but very solid. Could not save the wooden mast (rotten)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Peter,

I worked closely with both Jack's daughter (who lives over on Canada's west coast), other family members and those work colleagues that are still with us for the Holt Centenary back in 2012 and there is very little remaining in the way of records. My guess would be the Enterprise Association as many of the early RYA records are gone as well.... you can try and might strike lucky but the Association will be your best bet.

D
David H