General chat about boats
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Hello!
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

Mornin' all!

(this thread has gone very weird all of sudden)

PS don't forget the Shearwater event this weekend. The class most sailed at Shearwater throughout the year? Knackered Old Boats.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Not Forgetting the Plymouth Dolphins, Drake OD and the Mayflower OD and Laira Lapwing all sailed in Plymouth until late 60's
Inspite of all rumours the Hornet is still sailed at alot of clubs in the UK and is also still active in Holland and Poland and is not a design which was specific to a certain area.
Cheers Al
Pat

Post by Pat »

Three or four years ago on holiday in Norfolk I came across a little fleet of what appeared to be local one design dinghies - from memory they were gaff rigged, beautifully varnished and were in the harbour behind Blakeney Point. Can't remember the sail emblem, I know there's a local one with a cotton ball, it may have been that.
I've never seen any since.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
charlespsmith

Post by charlespsmith »

Chap I know was telling me today about Windermere One Designs - still sailing happily - buy I have an idea that they are keelboats - does anyone know?

Cheers
Charles
Charles Smith
Stephen Hill

Post by Stephen Hill »

There's a fleet of Estuary one designs at Essex Yacth Club. Big beasties with open cockpit and centre board. The sail emblem is a red triangle similar to the merlins. I haven't seen them any where else along the estuary clubs
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Charles
I saw the Windermere OD when on holiday last year. They are keel boats and reminded me of a smaller version of the Sunbeam lots overhang and very pretty.
Cheers Al