Quiz questions

General chat about boats
chris

Quiz questions

Post by chris »

Housebound by any chance? How about a Continuing quiz...

Seems a long time since we had a quiz on the forum so I have set five questions and my suggestion is if others also add five ( or more) questions the quiz will evolve and build up. Some of you have been so good at making questions - much better than I, so the challenge is to set a few questions for others to answer. Hopefully we should get a wide range of questions from all parts of the globe .

Add five or more questions in THIS thread.

Don’t put answers or discussion on this thread but use the ANSWER thread so that you don’t give away too much here.

Enjoy...
chris

Re: Quiz questions

Post by chris »

1. It is reputed that Jack Holt designed the Enterprise dinghy as a boat his wife would prefer to crew on Wraysbury lake. What event was staged to prove the Enterprise was more than just a boat for a pond?

2 What single handed dinghy classes were used in the following Olympics? Who designed them and who won gold in them? 1928, 1936, 1948, 1952

3 In 1869 Lieutenant E Middleton sailed a small yawl single handed round England, ( via a bit of Scotland). After some years the route became cut off. What modern creation would allow his route to be followed today?

4 What was the name of the boat that revolutionised dinghy design and won 52 out of 57 starts that year? What was the special feature of this dinghy?

5 On what UK river did Brunel’s Great Western Railway terminate to link with the Steamers to America?
Rupert

Re: Quiz questions

Post by Rupert »

These all relate to boat class names:

1 the apex of boat design

2 over qualified?

3 always ahead

4 made from felt, or icing, maybe?

5 this boat doesn't exist

Too easy?

6 bobsleigh track
Rupert