Calshot

General chat about boats
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Big-C</i>
<br />Calshot is a great place to hold an event 2 good slips both useable at all states of tide one of them launches you into a nicely sheltered lagoon and then straight out onto Southampton water and away from that Solent chop!
The activity centre charges a daily launching fee to non members but that also gets you the use of decent changing rooms and good hot showers ( plus there is a bar on site )

Cat sailors with long memorys should check out the Calshot Cats boat park where you will come across my boat "EMMA HAMILTON" the Little Americas Cup winning C-Class from the 60's.

I will be around on the 8th October so if any of the visiting OK sailors fancy being converted to Cat Sailors then come say hello!

Steve
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Steve - we saw you cruising arond the Solent on The Sunday of our wekend recently - very impressive! I'm glad to see LH is still working - the Little A's cup was one of the things that got me interested in sailing in the first place, thanks to a very good book on the subject in my local Library (in the early 70's).

Are the wing masts still arround?
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

We woz there on Sunday!!
Colin Page was the local OK man plus four visitors which was'nt bad as this was arranged at fairly short notice by email between us all.
We had two races with the club fleet with the afternoon one in particular being a bit on the wild side. 16-20mph wind over a 5+ meter tide. Much submarining on the runs and bashing up the beats. I only bought a rather tired looking 1963 last month and this was my first sail in this 25 year old bus but she performed really well with no problems at all. Indeed, none of us had any gear or boat problems and the faster guys were beating the Lasers over the water. Speaks volumes about the OK in these sort of seas.
A great day which we all enjoyed. We were made very welcome.

Thanks to all the good folk of Calshot Sailing Club.

Alan