Cat friendly club suggestions

General chat about boats
Big-C

Post by Big-C »

Does anybody know of a Cat friendly club on either the Solent or Southampton Water that can accomodate a 25 x 14 ft cat? My C-Class Emma Hamilton is currently at Calshot but the Activity Centre have decided to limit the Cat Club standard boat parking rate to a max 21 ft loa, This has left me facing threefold increase in fees totaling over £800 a year, a little excessive for a beach cat even if it is 25ft!
davidh

Post by davidh »

Yoh!

You could try Netley, we've got afair sprinking of Formula 18, a dart 20 Mystere so the hosting of big cats is nothing new - how they'd feel about one that big I've no idea (but you're only 25% bigger than a tornado so it might be feasible.

They were getting tight on numbers so try Dawn via the club website asap

D
David H
Big-C

Post by Big-C »

Hi david
Dawn is fighting our case already, unfortunatly we where turned down at Saturdays committee meeting as they consider Emma to be to big.
Have offered to pay double boat parking and take out 3 memberships so Dawn is going back to the committee but doesnt seem to hopeful.
Big-C

Post by Big-C »

David

it looks like Emma hamilton is coming to Netley, Dawn has succesfully appealed to the comittee and we have the green light, I will be at the club on Sunday to have a look around see you there if your about?
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

That's good news Steve. Hoping to get across some time this summer to have a go. Would especially like to try Ocelot. Sorry can't make it for the Netley Meeting only daughter is getting spliced in darkest Wales that weekend. Steve try and get up to Brightlingsea I'm sure all the guys up ther wouls like to see Emma again.
Cheers Al
jpa_wfsc

Emma H

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Steve;

hope you did not mind my boys looking over Emma Hamilton this weekend! We were at Calshot with the youth from our sailing club; I noticed Emma H was still at Calshot and got enthusiastic telling them what little I know of the history. So hopefully you got the berthing there sorted out. Hope the repairs go well, it would be great to see her sailing again soon.

Best Wishes

john./