BRIGHTLINGSEA

Chat about CVRDA events
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Hello folks. Those coming to Brightlingsea next May Bank Hols can download the club couse card and racing info from http://www.sailbrighlingsea.com. See you there!
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Jonathan Regret fully cannot attend as I have to be in Mid Wales sorting out my daughters wedding. But will be there next year for certain.
Regards Alan Williams
Pat

Post by Pat »

You forgot your tea Jonathan!! -
http://www.sailbrightlingsea.com
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chris

Post by chris »

Jonathan, Just to say Lois and I will arrive saturday morning - sometime. 'fraid I'm deserting the merlin fleet for the weekend in favour of the Albacore!
CU
Chris
ps why have you organised rain for some of the time!?
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Rain! Wot rain? You must understand that we, at Brightlingsea have a marvelous micro climate that eliminates rain. Pay no attention to the forecast, they have for the most be wrong for us. Take last Sunday, despite the forecast for wind and rain we had sun all day and i sailed my 12 singlehanded upo the Colne to Wivenhoe for a pint and a pastie at the sailing club, then a loveley beat and reach back with the tide. I now have a sunburnt nose!

There you are, what a sales pitch.
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Yes, very good but me thinks I'll pack me drysuit all the same!
chris

Post by chris »

Glad to hear it Jonathan, you have convinced me totally...but I might follow Alan's advice too!
Are you sure the red nose was sunburn, not beer?
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

I only had one pint,a cup of tea and a choccy cake! One cannot drink too much beer before sailing back in my 12 whilst wearing a wetsuit and spray top - work it out! No it sure is sun burn!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Looking forward to the weekend. Will be travelling Saturday as we have friends' evening wedding do on Friday. Will try to be in time for cruise but depends on hangovers and M25!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Have fun at Brightlingsea everyone. We have an open day at the club and I think we have a sweltering 8C forecast!! Good old Aberdeen eh? Still - no traffic jams for us - am saving that for Frensham, Dorchester and Clywedog later in the year.