Thankyou Keith and Team

Chat about CVRDA events
roger

Post by roger »

Thankyou Clwedog. What a great weekend. Im lost for words which is unusual but thanks to all involved in putting on a well run event.

Back to wrok now:(
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
roger

Post by roger »

Oh and could someone do a write up for Yachts & Yachting please. Unfortunately I have to go away for work for a week and may not be near a putor for a while. All contributions from around the fleet please not just the racing but something that made the weekend great for you or something humorous. Pat would you mind collating and posting something.Am I right in thinking they will publish full results for the nats? and any pics that could be published. Did anyone get a pic of Chris Bs spectacular new launching technique?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I'd like to echo Roger's comments and also thank Keith and his bad of helpers in all departments for a great weekend. Despite a faltering start away from Clywedog with the flattened battery I was back in Aberdeen for 7pm. Turned out thet during the weekend something in the car had pushed up against the interior light switch which was drawing juice form the battery over the few days as every time I opened the door it stayed on for ages!! Plus having provided the airbed pump up service to the happy campers the battery just gave me a strat in the morning!! All topped up now (probably hit the top charge about Carlisle!!).

Loads of great memories - the Barlow water ski technique behind an Albacore, the Flying Fifteen Class battle cruisers to name but two.

Thanks again

Garry
keithr

Post by keithr »

Re report : Mick took some great pics which he is putting on a CD then I can upload in to my comp and send to you for report and website.

A great one of whole fleet coming down the narrows.

Hit the sack early last night, did not surface till eight this morning, ready to go again now.

To all of you who willingly were press ganged by me into assisting with various tasks over the weekend thanks very much, as I said at prize giving what made it was the great team behind me I just did the organising, driving, cajoling, persuading, kidding, arm bending and other methods to creat a great time for everyone.

Glad to hear the "Big Green Machine" arrived home safe.

We missed getting pics of ED and Neil on Pico's yesterday !!!!!

K
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
chris

Post by chris »

Yes indeed, a very big thank you for the whole weekend to Keith and all at Clywedog. We all arrived home safely - and no I wasn't hanging on behind the boat on the motorway!
Chris, Lois, Amy, Rhiannon,Russell, and Harry.
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

not much more to add really. It was great, i enjoyed myself, even during the start line capsize with 2 minutes to go :oops: Still not sure how it happened.

Thanks to all

Stu
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Pat

Post by Pat »

Most scary moment - looking back to see the rest of the fleet behind us. Have I written this course down right? Or will we lead everyone wrong a la Roadford?
Best moment - looking back to see the rest of the fleet behind us and finding we have sailed the right course!

Keith - thank you for all the time you've put in to preparation. It all ran so well. We are so grateful for (and envious of) your boundless enthusiasm and energy. Thanks to all the Clywedog team who gave up their weekend for us and to whatever powers that made the weather so beautiful. We came away with an inner happiness and contentment that will last a long long time.

Pat and Sandy
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Re Pics of the event. If there are any really good ones (not the ones though that are going in with the magazine reports) can I have a couple please. I'd like some for the website PLUS I'm doing an article extolling the virtues of the classic scene - expect it in the November Dinghy Sailing Mag!

D
David H
Pat

Post by Pat »

So far I've got Vanessa's pics and a cd of saturday from the lady on the rescue boat (and they are good).

Anyone else with pictures please could you send me a cd (they're usually too much to email). Just as they come from the camera is fine - I can do whatever is necessary and we use different resolutions for different things. Just send the lot.

If you have some to send please email me at [email protected] and I'll reply with my snail mail address.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Thanks to Keith and all the team at Clywedog very enjoyable championship and as always very socialable and relaxed atmostphere.
Alan
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Thanks to keith and team was a great weekend/ week hope to do it all again soon!

Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Well everyone has just about said it all Keith.Thanks for a great fun weekend and superb event , well run as last year,
DJSpencer-Smith
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Yep all said, thanks to Keith and Team. Especially as with Roger you are all responsible for getting me into this lark... and for my son wanting a topper and my daughter now wanting a boat with a trapeze ?? (Thanks ROG!). What handicap would I get with a 1971 GP14 Development class with trapeze fitted. Oh and my wife telling me that when the sailing season stops there is a long list of jobs... so anyone with knowledge of events throughout the winter months, please forward to me....

Jokin apart, thank you to Clywedog for making a great weekend and you all for making us all so welcome...
roger

Post by roger »

Hugh there is no off season. Bloody Mary, Starcross Steamer, Tiger Trophy, Exmoor Beastie to name a few plus of coarse the baltic wharf cvrda events. Especially as you have a plastic boat there is no excuse.8)
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

If he didn't have a plastic boat he'd have plenty of winter work the way that FF T-boned him!! Hope there was no lasting damage Hugh.