*****2008 Events***** Updated 7/2/2008

Chat about CVRDA events
fatboyfinn

Starcross Event 2008

Post by fatboyfinn »

Greg,

I was hoping to get a reply from our man doing the race programme but it has not yet been finalised. I'm hoping that it will be 28/29 June with mid day tides.

Its so easy for all you puddle sailors - the water is always there - here somebody pulls the plug out twice a day - its so frustrating.

If it any different I'll let you know

Andy
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

ok thats great we'll work to those dates and if different we can change it abit.
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
roger

Post by roger »

Andy your still around then. We will be down for our annual swim in the Exe at the steamer on 2nd March. See you there.
fatboyfinn

Steamer 2008

Post by fatboyfinn »

Roger,

Look forward to seeing you there - has been a bit breazy in the past.
Might join you for a swim too, if this year was anything to go by.

PS Still got that sail in the back of my car!

Andy
Pat

Post by Pat »

Well I've updated the Y&Y calendar - and sent them a piece for the header. Now to do our wbesite!

But one question - is Chippenham one day or two and if one, which :?:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Pat, two with camping barbeque etc,etc.
However there with be prizes for both days
8)
Mark
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
pegasus

2008 Events

Post by pegasus »

Our website is now up to date with all the 2008 events, on the Current Events Page.

Thanks Pat. :lol:
Cherub 2646 Madge
roger

Post by roger »

For those of you planning a trip to Brightlingsea and the micro climate spoils the sailing I received an email this morning which mentioned this alternative.

If anyone is travelling up to Brightlingsea for the CVRDA event in the summer then I would strongly recommend they visit the nottage. Basically a local museum/training facility which has wealth of stuff to see regarding traditional boats. On the ground floor are 8 clinker dinghys in various stages of building - I know as I’m building one of them. It is part of a course in wooden boat building skills run by the institute.

Roger
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I guess this is it for the rainy day

http://www.wivenhoe.gov.uk/OralHistory/ ... ottage.htm

(Trish and I thought that the weather was always perfect in England - especially that far south!!
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

The micro climate has already been book as usual to provide a perfect weekend!

Having said that the Nottage is well worth a visit, having just returned from a talk there this evening. They might have the boats being built downstairs, but the models and photos upstairs are excellent and the pub next door provides a good refreshment to sit out on the quay with.

:D
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Dave, I am glad you have booked the weather so I can stop my dance now.

It can be great fun, if the tides are right to cruise from Brightlingsea to Wivenhoe. Enjoying the river scenery and nature reserve on the way whilst negotiating the channel and moored yachts, shoot the tidal barrage then tie up near the Rose and Crown and Nottage. Pint,pastie and a snnoze in our glorious sunshine then take the tide for home port.

Sounds very tempting so I guess we will be seeing you all later in the year, if not before.
pegasus

Re: updated 13/11/2007 *****2008 Events*****

Post by pegasus »

In the orignal post on page 1 i have uploaded the PDF of the 2008 Event Calendar for anyone who wants a copy to put in there club house, Garrage etc or just on the computer.

Greg
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

For some reason I'm down as the Frensham Pond contact?? Should be Nick Clibborn!
Rupert
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Sorry Rupert it must have been because i got the info on the event from you will change it asap

Greg
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Not a criticism, Greg - I think you've done a great job getting the cvrda's busiest season to date planned, (glad it wasn't me!) and just hope we have a big enough base of active sailors to live up to it...I'll be trying to get to several events (especially Netley) after my complete no show last year, possibly with the Skol, if I can buy a big enough roll of duck tape to keep her going for a whole weekend... It will be nice to race her against other classics off her "real" handicap, as sailing against boats with much newer kit at Whitefriars can be a little frustrating, especially upwind!
Rupert