*****2008 Events***** Updated 7/2/2008

Chat about CVRDA events
pegasus

*****2008 Events***** Updated 7/2/2008

Post by pegasus »

2008 Events are now on the Current Events Page, thanks to Pat.

Now the calendar is posted on the website if anyone wants their own copy or to print a copy for their club houses then please download below ( should be jsut right click and save as, or similar term).

EDIT: Some contact details were wrong these have been corrected if anyone finds anymore things that arnt right please let me know asap
2008 calender for events.pdf
(104.45 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Please download the top one and could a mod please remove the bottom one.
Attachments
2008 calender for events.pdf
(115.02 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Last edited by pegasus on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 am, edited 10 times in total.
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

im hoping to get a first draft together for october so if people can get in touch, i will try to catch them also, it would be great to get this sorted before the seasons starts so we can get it out to our clubs and classes to help up our event numbers.

Greg
Cherub 2646 Madge
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

I've changed this to an announcement so it stays at the top

With regard to the Finns here's an extract from an email I sent to Alan, Graham, Andy and PeterV

1. There is interest in holding a South West Finn Travellers Series at Roadford, Baltic Whaft and Starcross.
2. There are CVRDA events currently planned in 2008 for Baltic Wharf, Roadford (combined with Shearwater Sailing Club) and an offer from Andy to put on a CVRDA event at Starcross
3. Would it therefore make sense to piggyback a SW Finn Travellers series on all three CVRDA events?

I appreciate that this could mean that non CVRDA aged boats might take part as I don't think we could turn away Devotis and Patas but it would mean we could tap into existing events and we could attract more Finn sailors in the region to turn up to a Finn event.

We all agree that this could be a way forward of organising some Finn sailing and boost numbers at CVRDA events.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

being devils advocat, could be the thin end of the wedge. What would happen if the MR's wanted to piggy back a cvrda event, or the OK's ? Or the canoes?
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Well the classic Merlins already do really as a number of them only race for the MR event, but in the case of new boats then who knows when do we or when did we cross the line?
the comitee has already voted for the shearwater and cvrda roadford to be combined so there will be lasers there.

Personaly i dont mind a few finns join in as certinaly for the first few events there will only be 1/2 a dozen and 2,3 or 4 of them would probaly have been there anyway. i think its up to the event organizer

greg
Cherub 2646 Madge
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

absolutely agree, a few here and there no problem, and in fact we are tagging on the back of the shearwater event so, that's out of our hands, and very good idea it is too. But as you say Greg, where is the line to be drawn. It's not only for one event either, but for 3.
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Perhaps I didn't make this clear - the majority of the Finns will be CVRDA boats. The idea behind this is to attract more boats from the region.

Apart from a few new boats at StarCross, and the odd one at Bristol all the boats in the south west are CVRDAble.

We know of 4 or 5 old finns in Devon and Cornwall that might come along to an event.

We had 6 Finns at the Roadford event this year and I'd imagine that we could tempt a few more out.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sounds good to me. After all what's the difference betwen that and Frensham where we are an extra start in the club racing?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sounds like a good idea to me. You might not want to do the same for Solos or Ents, where the newer boats far outnumber the old ones in terms of the racing fleet, but in a class like the Finn where numbers are small and old boats are popular within the cvrda fleet, why not? More people to chat to on the shore, and to spread the "old boat" gospel to, as well.
Rupert
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

I am sure Brightlingsea will welcome you all agin in 2008. I will provisionally book it if you like.
roger

Post by roger »

I see no problem with a few modern Finns its not like they are going to overwhelm us and we can always give them a seperate start if there are enough.
I am in favour of piggy backing events as long as we dont lose our identity.

On the calender. I think we can assume that the same clubs are willing to host again at around the same time of year. If those clubs could approach their Sailing Committees and give Greg a provisional yes/no then the final dates can be sorted later when the fixture lists are finalised. Greg Shearwater are up for it at the same time again end of september/early ctober.
This leaves Clwedog moving to Whitsun for next year,a cuople of new clubs Island Barn, maybe a one dayer with opportunity to join club racing on the second/first day and Starcross which looks like we can join up with the finns.
Any offers from new clubs must be welcomed but I think if we have an enthusiastic member at that club then it always works better.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Jonathan, does Brightlingsea have August Bank Hol booked up? Or does everyone want to stick to Whitsun?
It might be nice to explore some options.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hi Pat. I really don't know about August yet. We had the Mirror champs this year so it was very,very crowded and frankly if we have things like that its best to choose another date! I know we have B14's next Whitsun but they are a smallish fleet and as there is no club sailing planned I have been told we would make a nice contrast! So long as you don't get kebabbed on their bowsprits!

At the late summer bank hol we do have our round the islands race which is chaotic fun and perhaps is a nice change from going round the cans. It will give you a chance to see the wildlife. Three islands to circumnavigate in any order and direction.

Vote on it and let me know asap as we need to get our picture calendar under way.

J
roger

Post by roger »

Round the Islands sounds like fun Jonathon. Does each Island have its own microclimate?? :roll:
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Well the climate depends on many varying factors but to be honest we here in Essex look at the bullshit and then make our minds up! If its crusty its fine, if its runny and holding water then its not. So simple isn't it!

Have a nice day.