News on Netley (2008) - the forty boat Nationals!

Chat about CVRDA events
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Pegasus 194 and crew intend to be at Netley; we also are happy to host a Pegasus or Pegasus and cvrda combined meeting at Whitefriars next year.

As far as age goes, all we need is an Osprey sailed by a crew of three as was designed... :idea:
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

My 95 year old Granny( Dad's Mum) was at Netley event this year as a spectator and stand by crew. She could be called upon to get afloat in 2008!! :lol:
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005
davidh

Post by davidh »

A quick question: would either the JBs or the Perggies want separate starts if this is to be their Nationals? I would be possible to run a 'regatta within a regatta' - though I guess it would end up being a matter of numbers in the end.

BTW - The JollyBoat - another Uffa Fix design?

D
David H
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

In the past we have just put the Peggies off with the rest of the fleet and then worked out the results at the end.

I would presume we would do the same unless we got quite a few boats....say at least 6.

This may of course be quite possible.

the last time we sailed Jollyboats as a fleet at Uffa Fox centenary we only got 4, but at Fairey 50th we had 12 or so boats turn up with I think 8 racing together on one day.

Actually they weren't together much as we had quite a range of 'state of tune' from my boat, which then was totally original with wooden mast etc....right through to one boat with new fully battened main and twin wire.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

And a set of booster skis for Grandad eh Chris??!!!!!

Good to see the site up and running again
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm just trying to plan my summer...Is the Netley Nats running on the Sat/Sun, with something different for those without kids at school on the Monday, or would those just able to do the weekend fail to qualify?
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Rupert,
I spoke to David about this yesterday. Current plan is 2 races saturday. 3 sunday and prize giving. Then Monday will be free for Cruise to pub trying out each others boats etc.
Its a shame it clashes with term time but thats the trouble with water that keeps going away and coming back again :cry: and it taste funny...... but not as funny as Shearwater :D
I know the Hornets have had trouble booking their event at Netley this year. Luckily David got us in first.
Next year we are back to Roadford so we should be ok for holiday times again.
davidh

Post by davidh »

\rupert,

I had an email from el comode Roger on this very matter yesterday. The bottom line is that 'we aim to serve'....... which means that as of now the format is still flexible enough to be turned into whatever the CVRDA would wish.

That said, I'd seen the programme developing as follows:

Club Open Friday.....or even Thursday night for the really keen bunnies, so that people can sail on the Friday should they so wish.

Kick off the event with two races Saturday pm. For those that have blown their discard the party then takes on an extra significance (a bit like a Hornet open in the old days Alan!).

BBQ/Beer, then a Fancy Dress (and yes, to figure in the results this will be mandatory!) live music bash with the theme of 1965.

AGM Sunday morning, whilst we're all hung over and not wishing to talk too much.

3 short races.............Prize Giving late afternoon, so that those who can only do the weekend can get away.

Monday then becomes a fun event - a 'cruise in Company' to a location that will probably be determined by the weather.......Hamble maybe, Calshot or Lepe.....Cowes even (though that is a fair old sail) - where ever, beer will be available for those that have recovered from Saturday night.

How does that all sound - comments?

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sounds good. I take it that as well as hangovers, the AGM is being planned to run when we would otherwise be trying to sail on mud?!
All I have to do now is find out if Kathryn wants to sail Saskia with me, and therefore find a sitter, or if I'll be spending my evenings putting a Skol Moth back together...
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

By the way, I'm reliably informed that this is actually the first weekend of the school hols so it should NOT be a problem.

Of course, Schools Out......howled to fame by Alice Cooper, won't be a part of the Saturday night 'blast from the past' as it is 1972, not 1965! (cor, that's a bit close to home!!).

Come on in - the water's lovely!!

D
David H
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

So....the Nationals is 5 races over 2 days.

As this is the CVRDA Annual Rally (as well as the Nationals) are we still having the traditional sailpast and concourse d'elegance before the racing starts?
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Trevor C

School Hols

Post by Trevor C »

End of term is 23/7 where I live in Kent.
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

And 25th for us...
Neil has a very good point - If we are lacking time, I'd rather see a 4 race Nats with a decent amount of time for a sail past/boat swapping/admiring than a 5 race nats with nothing else, which would be rather against the ethos. Of course, 5 races and time for everything would be better!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'm very much of the mindset that as this is the main event of the year for the association then we can do pretty much what we like (within the confines of the water being tidal..... hours of darkness ........ the bar being open etc etc.

Sailing photograher Eddie Mays will be invited along for a photo session so that would tie in with a 'sail past'.

do you want a pursuit race to replace one of the main races?

D
David H
Mark

Post by Mark »

Getting back to the music for a second.....

The Number 1s of 1965

Seekers I'll Never Find Another You Jan
Righteous Brothers You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' Jan
Kinks Tired Of Waiting For You Jan
Tom Jones It's Not Unusual Feb
Unit Four Plus Two Concrete And Clay Feb
Rolling Stones The Last Time Mar
Cliff Richard The Minute You're Gone Mar
Roger Miller King Of The Road Mar
Beatles Ticket To Ride Apr
Jackie Trent Where Are You Now (My Love)
Sandie Shaw Long Live Love May
Elvis Presley with The Jordanaires Crying In The Chapel May
Hollies I'm Alive May
Byrds Mr Tambourine Man Jun
Beatles Help! Jul
Sonny & Cher I Got You Babe Aug
Walker Brothers Make It Easy On Yourself Aug
Rolling Stones (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction Aug
Ken Dodd Tears Sep
Rolling Stones Get Off My Cloud Oct
Seekers The Carnival Is Over Oct
Spencer Davis Group Keep On Running Dec