Starcross YC cvrda 28/29 June

Chat about CVRDA events
fatboyfinn

Starcross YC cvrda 28/29 June

Post by fatboyfinn »

I've just recieved an email from our Flat Captain saying that the dates I have earmarked for the CVRDA Event at Starcross are the same as the Exe Regatta.

At first I thought oh **** - but later realised that this was not such a bad thing. This is an open meeting with lots of publicity and and shore events dancing untill the early hours, spendid feasting, wine and beer flowing "free" in fact a jolly good time. Also, its not unlikely that there might be a glorious warm sea breeze blowing a steady F3/4.

If this is acceptable by the committee, then so be it.

Andy
roger

Post by roger »

Go for it though I mat struggle to get there as we set off for the lakes and the Birkett trophy the week after. Be good training though.
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Sounds like a good idea to me, provided the committee are happy to cope with the additional numbers. Can we also include it as part of the SW Finn Club series?
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
roger

Post by roger »

Andy can you lets us know what the situation is regarding camping nearby? I know our camper wont get on site. :(
fatboyfinn

Post by fatboyfinn »

As Roger knows you would have to have a very low camper van to get under the railway bridge ~5ft 6. You could park outside in the lay-by but its not very salubrious. There is a small amount of space in the club but its very limited + there might be a small marquee taking some of that.

See our web site for detail of accomodation. I'll do some looking around for more camping sites.

Andy
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

That sounds great i will update the calendar.

Hope to be there. even more hopefully in the finn!

Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge