Trains to boat show

Chat about CVRDA events
chris

Trains to boat show

Post by chris »

Just noticed this on the Collins Boat Show web...

Jubilee Closures - Saturday 19th January 2008
Due to scheduled engineering works on 19th January 2008 on the Jubilee Line between Green Park and Stratford, visitors are advised to connect with Docklands Light Rail services from either Bank or Tower Gateway where there will be an enhanced direct service to Custom House for ExCeL. The Central, Circle and District Lines connect with Bank and the Circle and District Lines also connect with Tower Gateway.

If you are travelling from Main Line stations we advise that you connect by using the following stations:

Waterloo, London Bridge, Euston and Kings Cross - take the Northern Line for Central Line or direct to Bank

Paddington and Victoria - Circle or District Lines direct to Tower Gateway

Charing Cross - Northern to District and Circle Lines direct to Tower Gateway

For further assistance, we advise using the TFL website for up to date information or alternatively, please call ExCeL London's information team on 020 7069 5000 pressing 0 for assistance.
roger

Post by roger »

Chris,

I hope your joking I dont think we could get a boat and all the pictures etc on the train :?
Pat

Post by Pat »

Jubilee was down this morning too due to late running engineering works so it was sardines on the rest!

Does anyone know of good safe parking somewhere on the West/SouthWest outskirts of London where we could leave the (high) van for Sat and Sun and take the tube/train?
chris

Post by chris »

I've parked at Richmond and tubed in before. Car park is right by the main road (ready for M3) and a few minutes walk to station. I think you can park overnight. Thought the price was reasonable considering..
nprice

Post by nprice »

Pat,
We can squeeze another car in front of our house in Putney, how big is your van? No particular security except it's right outside our bedroom!
Nick
Nick
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks Nick,
Sounds good - I'll email you later. We're same road area as an estate car, being a VW T4 van base but too high for multi storeys.