Offspring busy producing offspring!!!! :D :D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Re: Clywedog next event

Post by Garry R »

Chris does have several boats for which he will need crews in years to come!! The sail past will be Iska (Chris and Lois), Spritefull (Amy and daughter No 1 (forget the name to my shame)) Albacore (Harry and ?) and the poor Topper will be empty!!
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Sadly we can't make Clywedog this year , Boo hoo!! :( . Will be at Roadford tho. Hope you all have a wonderfully good time :mrgreen:
DJSpencer-Smith
chris

Post by chris »

you've forgotten the rowing sfiff Garry, That seats at least five but three and a dog is fine.
chris

Post by chris »

Well, home a day early - but that's life. So far this year we've travelled to three events and sat and watched the weather do it's stuff at each one.

Thank you Keith and everyone at Clywedog. The social side of the CVRDA is always worth it especially at Clywedog. I think the fact that there was no vintage racing as such didn't seem to bother anyone - at least there were no broken masts but I did notice the other Chris nearly doing a 'Chris' launch at one time.

I've nearly straightened out after the couple of laps I managed in the Pico - hope your pipe has dried out Keith.

It was good to see a few new faces and a couple of vintage Albacores new to the CVRDA events- I do hope we see them on the water too one day!

Very wet and windy in Somerset today - probably a lovely in Wales.
Chris and Lois
chris

Post by chris »

Meant to say that I was looking forward to seeing the FDs on the water too (only their transoms as seen by most of the fleet no doubt) Good the see the CVRDa branching out in various directions.
roger

Post by roger »

Yes we got home safely although a little damp. Got wet again this morning unloading the van and about thirty gallons of water out of the boats :x . Thanks Keith and team for all the hard work you put in. We had a great sail in the Hornet on friday and the GP has never been so fast on saturday. I had a great time depsite the weather and it was good to catch up with you all again. Great to see new faces and I enjoyed drooling over the FDs even if they werent on the water. Jamie I will have that ride at Netley. Hope to see you all at Roadford. :D After the wedding
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Had a good trip back home - wet to Manchester on Sunday although in Manchester itself they managed to play the Test Match!! Lovely drive through the lakes yesterday and all the way home unbroken sun but very windy. Looking forward to July at Frensham!! Again thanks to Keith and team - there is a lot of work goes into these events so disappointing when the weather is like it was. Hope that you weren't left with too many pies!! See you all soon

Garry

PS Wondered if this event was the highst carbon footprint for sailing miles ever recorded?
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Cheers to all the organisers of the event at the weekend. Shame about the weather, my boat was definatley itching to get out there. Unfortunatley It definatley would not have been sensible.

Still, Thanks rog for the blast in the GP. Even the pico racing was good fun. Even if my own gross stupidity meant I didn't win... But I'm not bitter or anything. :cry:

Will try and organise rides in the FD for those that want at netley.

Unfortunatley Roadford is going to be a non starter for me. Work is in the way and can't swap out because all my weekends are booked around then for other things.

Cheers

Jamie
FD GBR 338
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Just got back......after an 8 hour trip to Devon thanks to a supposed "stress free route".

Great weekend, shame about the weather.....for those that left early - it got windier and windier.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Neil

Can you let me have the web address of the cover company - I forgot to write it down when I was down at Clywedog. Thanks.

Roger - I have a backing plate for a Highfield lever which I will post to you today to send on to Hugh for his GP. We came to the conclusion that he needed the larger one to grip properly. Sadly I actually had it with me in the car at Clywedog but did not realise until I got home!!
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

The new Finn cover was made by http://www.rainandsun.co.uk/

I'm so glad I had it on the boat at Clywedog

alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Thanks Keith and your team for the event. Neil only took me 6 hours to reach home and that was with dropping the boat off at Roadford. You must have spent a lot of time looking for an LPG station, see you Sunday at Roadford.
Al
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Photos

I've uploaded some pics of the few, brave souls that went out at Clywedog at

http://flickr.com/photos/23841278@N05/s ... 301258290/

Videos
Here's a couple of short videos of the racing on Saturday.

keithr

Post by keithr »

Great shots Neil, you had to be there to "feel the force" though.

I have nearly fastened everything back on the fifteen !!!!.

I wish to thank all the helpers who did a stint on the galley as without you we could not have coped with the catering.

It was amazing how we can still have a great weekend even without much sailing, it says a lot for the camaraderie within CVRDA that some of us can trail a boat 400 plus miles and still have a great weekend.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird