Clywedog next event

Chat about CVRDA events
keithr

Clywedog next event

Post by keithr »

I am slowly getting sorted but need to know rough numbers for catering/camping and preferences re catering.

The plan is for a curry type meal on Sat with the main Pig Roast on Sunday evening.

Moorings/winch facilities all available

Any one wanting crews please let me know.

Snacks available Sat- Mon as normal.

MAY 24TH-25TH and onwards

Clywedog Sailing Club are proud to be hosting the CVRDA again in 2008 over the Spring Bank Holiday. You have heard all about our spectacular location and hospitality now come and experience it for yourselves………

Camping & Caravan Facilities at the club ( come early or stay longer that’s fine)

Local B & B Approx £18.00 B & B per adult, family rooms. Private Guesthouse within 2 miles
http://www.dyffrynglyn.co.uk 01686 412129 Contact Mrs Janet Evans

Full catering facilities at the club, snacks, homecooked cakes, drinks , evening bar

Great value We are looking at keeping cost down to around £20.00 for entry/camping all in for the weekend. Camping/caravan extra nights £2.00 per person a night

Programme of events Main Racing Sat/Sun 2 races Sat( afternoon) / 3 races Sun.
Curry/Barbecue on Sat pm ? Pig Roast on Sunday night? (approx £7.00) with the now famous Clywedog pudding selection ( subject to change )

There will be a racing programme on the Monday and as always visitors are welcome to come early or stay late if you want to make a holiday of it.

Contact Keith Rollinson 01686640305 email: rollinsonkeith@yahoo.co.uk
For more details about Clywedog and location http://www.clywedogsailing.org.uk

Attachments
fleet2-sml.jpg
(22.02 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
roger

Re: Clywedog next event

Post by roger »

Keith we are looking forward to it. Camper passed mot first time!!!!!!
Usual team of Angie and Myself.
Chris and Catherine

We have to go to a final year fashion show on Friday night so could well arrive late Friday night. Can we have our usual spot for the camper please.

Can I book a tow out again :roll: Hoping to stay until Tuesday.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hail Keith, Leader of the lost tribes of the celtic sailorpeople, he of the ever lit pipe and monstrous white floaty thing and the very confused Pegi.
We greet you from the depths of the heathen lands of the Angles
Seonaidh and I are coming with the Finn. Hope to have week with you if thats OK Wednesday to Tuesday. Jamie one of the FD sailors at the present time requires a crew preferably with experience of trap and spinnacker and with big muscles.
Cheers Al
Everyday when I get up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh
Last edited by alan williams on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

All being well I will be there with either the Firefly or Merlin. Either way crew needed - preferably small and nimble for Vivette. Bed inflating service available but battery booster will be brought this year to avoid embarrassing non start at the point of departure. Will arrive Friday and leave Monday night or Tuesday morning depending on weather prospects.

Roger - may I book a cup of tea on arrival? Well done that campervan!!
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

We'll be there with the aircraft hanger of the tent.

Will the clubhouse be open before the weekend? We were hoping to turn up on the Wednesday in order to get all the Pork Pies from the rather good butcher before Alan gets to them.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I'm going to be there sometime on Friday evening subject to my sense of direction / sat nav taking me to the right place. And the van getting me up and down all the hills.

As Alan says Still need someone to sail with. Preferably someone with their own trap harness. As mine is made to fit me, so may be a bit baggy on others.

Failing that I might have to appropriate a oppy sprit or something and go singlehanded. (This might be a bad Idea though.)
FD GBR 338
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Jamie I have several trap harness's of various sizes from small lady to medium to fat boy size remind me nearer the time and I'll throw them in the Finn.
Al Finn Sailor Cat Sailor FD Sailor Crew (later in the year helm hopefully), as of next weekend.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Well camper van passed mot first time too but has some sort of fuel flow problem that it doesn't want to drive up hills!!
If it's fixed we'll be there hopefully Fri night with camper and polytunnel (awning). If it isn't fixed.... we'll probably be there Friday night with car and polytunnel.
Don't know what boat (Merlin or Lark) or how long we'll stay on after as we'd like to do some exploring of North Wales and may or may not move site (Abersoch?? Anglesey??) It all depends on the weather but we aren't reliant on the clubhouse facilities.
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

I plan on arriving Friday night hopefully not too late as borrowing Neil's smaller hanger/tent will be accompanied by (in order of importance, in case she's reading this) wife Jayne and Finn. Sadly must leave Monday.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Sadly i cant make it will my final A-level exams well on their way i should be able to make the rest of the events though:D

itll be a shame to be missing those fantastic views anyone who has put the idea off because its too far the views are worth the distance you have to travel!
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
keithr

Post by keithr »

As greg isnt coming peggie 251 (red/green) may be available if any one wants
a go. Let me know as I will have to sort a mast and some sails out though.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
keithr

Post by keithr »

5 days to go.

Beers in - food ordered- boat painted- marquee up.

Ready to rumble.

I will be at the club Weds then Friday afternoon.

See you all soon.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Looking forward to it - but Keith can you remove the rain and freshen up the wind forecast for Saturday!! Rain and 2mph!!!! I'll be there Friday afternoon with the Firefly. Roger - kettle on!!! Plain biscuits will be fine!!
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

I really regret that I am unable to make it to Clwedog and am looking forward to seeing the results. The conversation at Roadford on Sunday was aboat the real race there, which to the Finn fleet was not about who was first on the water, but who was first to the local butchers for his famous pork pies!!
My money is on Alan for this one, but I'm not sure what time Neil set out this morning.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
chris

Post by chris »

Hi Keith Lois and I will be there probably Friday late. (lois still working)
Probably going to bring merlin 507, but then again the last time I brought her the mast went and lanced the deck.... I do now have another wooden mast and cotton sails for her but I may just leave those behind.

Can't provide any offspring for crewing duty this time - sorry folks.