Thames Vintage Event and Int 14 for sale

Chat about CVRDA events
Garry R

Thames Vintage Event and Int 14 for sale

Post by Garry R »

Trish and I were having a look at the events page and seeing what the best fit into holiday plans there is. It looks as if doing Frensham on 12/13th July is a definite and a fortnight later we would do Thames but wanted to know what the accommodation arrangements for Thames would be so that we can arrange it in advance. The way it is organised it may be a Firefly year this year as the Merlin Travellers events are less well suited to the dates. Will wait and see anyhow.

Interesting boat here too - it's not OUR Chris asking the questions is it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=020
pegasus

Re: Thames Vintage Event and Int 14 for sale

Post by pegasus »

Are you planning on coming to netly too?

You have PM
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Nope - Netley is a non starter I think. Wrong date and doesn't fit in with the plans. The schools here only have 6 weeks holiday and are back 3rd week in August and there are other things to see to at home otherwise we would be away for about 4-5weeks. Roll on retirement in 2011!!!! Thanks for the pM - I'll folow up on that.
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Unless i have my dates wrong netly is inbetween the 2 events you are planning on going to?
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

BUT Trish not happy sea sailing and we are planning on being away that weekend so it's Frensham and Thames.
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Where is the sea at Netley? The sea is miles away its only a biggish river at Netley :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If the water goes in and out on more than an annual basis, and tastes funny (well, salty, as some inland places taste mighty odd when you fall in...) then it counts as the sea in my opinion, but then I learnt on the non tidal Thames...
Rupert
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

No I am sure that you need deck chairs and a beach and ice creams and knotted hankies for it to be the sea. Some people call it the Thames but round here is is just known as the London River, and that can be pretty wide in places. I am not sure it the funny taste is just salt though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
chris

Post by chris »

You can certainly see across to the other bank of the river at Netley - and admire the grassy bank, the dappled willow trees and the glinting towers of the massive oil refinery! (that's if the QE2 or the QM2 are not in the way.