Boat Age Handicap - Kent

Chat about CVRDA events
JB9

Boat Age Handicap - Kent

Post by JB9 »

Due to the poor weather the boat age handicap event has been postponed until Sunday 22nd June. I hope more of you will be able to come, three race, first race at 11.00am.

http://homepages.rya-online.net/BoughBe ... home.shtml

You would be welcome to come on the Saturday, have a trial sail, camp at club or find a local B & B.
Harrier 25
505 7163
roger

Re: Boat Age Handicap - Kent

Post by roger »

Really sorry I am on call that weekend and as I have already swapped it to fit events in I cant swap again. Hope it all goes well.

Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sadly I'm helping to run our regatta day then. I like the idea of a Kent event in 2009, though, (when I have no responsibilities at Whitefriars any more) and 250 acres of water would be fun to play on.
Rupert
JB9

Post by JB9 »

We ran the event in F5 gusting 6. It was won by a Laser radial.
Harrier 25
505 7163
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

Had this event penciled in but I thought it was going to be a bit too breezy for the old one.
Down here on the coast we had a nice good solid F6 which built to F7 by lunch time so the Dart/Sprint 15 was the order of the day. Great stuff.
Bough Beech next year?
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005
JB9

Post by JB9 »

I hope next year the event will be on the CVRDA calendar and run by CVRDA handicap system. And no disrespect to Rob who sailed the laser but I would rather a CVRDA type dinghy won.

I will await the CVRDA AGM result but BBSC is keen to run a CVRDA event.
Harrier 25
505 7163
JB9

Post by JB9 »

I have been asked by the sailing secretary how the dates are looking for a possible CVRDA event. I mentioned that events for 2009 were on the agenda for the AGM this weekend.
Harrier 25
505 7163
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Was there a conclusion at the AGM re events etc?
Harrier 25
505 7163
roger

Post by roger »

Trevor,

The fixtures were discussed at the AGM and on line beforehand. Several proposals were put forward but the one that gained most favour from the floor was a restricted number of core CVRDA fixtures taking in a mix of waters available for the travellers series. These fixtures have yet to be discussed by the committee but will be dealt with soon.

Eds proposal was as follows.

"I would suggest that we support 3 types of event.

First you have your Premier Events. No more than 4-6 of these each year. These go towards the Travellers and should be our main events. We should be trying to move these further afield across the country. They should not necessarily be run at the same club two years running. Hopefully, They should not have any rules which restrict entry to only small boats or no cats etc. We should really make an effort to support these if we can. So Roadford, Clywedog, Brightlingsea, Netley, BWSC, Sheerwater, might all have a claim on one of these.

Then you have 'Normal Events' - These may be well established 'classic' events that have been established as getting a good CVRDA turn-out. Examples might include: Frensham, Chippenham, and others or they might include clubs that want to put on a CVRDA event and adopt the whole ethos and franchise - Corus might be an example

Then we have 'Supporting Events' - These are all the other events that clubs put on anyway for classic boats. CVRDA are not the only association that puts on classic dinghy events, but we would want to support the others anyway (and our constitution says we should). So Thames....and others would fit that bill.

This might not make the overall numbers of regattas any better, but it should at least make it easier to understand and evaluate."

This proposal gain the approval of most of the floor and was carried. (There were no objections)
Six events will be chosen to represent the cvrda travellers series next year which the committee will discuss and publish asap.

roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Roger, thanks for the update. BBSC is monohull only, max 20ft.
Harrier 25
505 7163
roger

Post by roger »

Trevor very few of the present cvrda boats would be excluded by the 20ft rule and although they are welcome we havent had a travelling cat for some time.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353