Rossendale Valley Sailing Club

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

As part of their 40th anniversary celebrations, RVSC are running a classics event on 26th June, and they have been kind enough to invite us all along! For those of you who's geographical knowledge stops at Bristol, the Rossendale Valley is just north of Manchester and is famed for making shoes, if memory serves me right. The lake is 1000 ft up, so has great clean winds, ideal for those who complain about Shearwater! (All of us!) I used to hitch from Falmouth to Waterfoot (a nearby hamlet) in less than 8 hours, so driving in one's own motor car won't really take long at all! (The AA site says I can do it from Greatfield in less than 3 1/2 hours)
Doug Forbes, the organizer, is finalizing details at the moment, and will then send things to be posted on the main part of the site.
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Living further north than many (most/all) of the venues I was wondering whether there was any further info on this Rupert?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

None as yet - if you find the Rossendale Valley site, they may have more - I've not been there since posting the original message.
Rupert