Corus South Wales 13th/14th September

Chat about CVRDA events
roger

Corus South Wales 13th/14th September

Post by roger »

Just had full details from Sean regarding Corus event.

They are very keen to make this event a success. They have plenty of space for all monohulls.

Price will be £15 entry fee with free camping.

Saturday we have the Lake to ourselves and the first race will start at 12.00 followed by lunch and then 2 races back to back.
There is no bar but the club facilities are available to us. Possibly a DIY BBQ
Sunday we will share the lake with the club racers but will sail different courses starting from a committee boat.
Two races back to back at 10.30 and then 1 after lunch to give you time to get home.
If you wish to arrive on Friday please contact Sean (commodore) seanc300@aol.com so he can let you in.

They are expecting several home Ospreys,Mirrors and Solos to take part so please support this event
They have an excellent website which is worth a visithttp://www.corussailing.org.uk/index.html
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
keithr

Re: Corus South Wales 13th/14th September

Post by keithr »

Hi roger

I was planning to come to Corus but I have been bookled to work on the 13th at Clywedog
for a Jaguar event day.

Hope to make shearwater though.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Mercurial

Post by Mercurial »

We're taking our old Fireball, seeing how the Mercury is off the water after being
T-boned by a Laser at Brightlingsea. Foot long, Laser bow shaped hole punched neatly through the freeboard just behind port chainplate. Lucky that it didn't touch either the gunnel or the tank, which was about three inches beneath. Ouch!

Boat is off to the repair yard on Tuesday. Couldn't do it myself as I couldn't see the end of a chisel through the tears! Nah, it's an insurance jobbie so I'm letting someone else fix it. He might get a bit pee'd off with me standing behind him tho' :o)
Currently boatless - but watch this space.
Ex-various Mercurys and Fireball.
roger

Post by roger »

Hoping to have Hornet 2070 back from repair yard after a plastic Hornet tried to take our bow off in a port starboard back in JUNE!!. Boat builders have a huge range of reasons for different delays but with some luck we may have a boat to sail.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
CJR1100

Post by CJR1100 »

roger wrote:Hoping to have Hornet 2070 back from repair yard after a plastic Hornet tried to take our bow off in a port starboard back in JUNE!!. Boat builders have a huge range of reasons for different delays but with some luck we may have a boat to sail.
was one reason, The wrong type of wood? been there.
Chris Roberts
Merlin Rocket 3330
Merlin Rocket 2932
Merlin Rocket 2352
National 12 2332(RIP)
roger

Post by roger »

Wrong type of weather, put it back together and the the decks didnt fit so had to start again. I am assured he does an excellent job so just hoping we get to race her soon as we have missed most of the summer. :cry:
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Roger, saw your Hornet when I picked up my Finn. He does do a good job but told me he'd taken so long on your boat because it was only when he went to put the decks back on that he found the whole bow area was distorted from the collision. So he had to take the decks off and start again. Fortunately my Finn was finished just before he went sailing for most of July and August, hence the long delay.

Bob, it must be something aout Lasers, it was a Laser 2 on port that put a big hole in my Finn at Roadford. My sympathies.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

It is something about lasers!!!!

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
roger

Post by roger »

Picking the boat up on friday Hooray :D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
roger

Post by roger »

Well we got the boat and arrived on saturday to a mill pond. Sean assured me that by 12 a sea breeze would fill in and true to his word a nice gentle sea breeze came in which filled for the rest of the day. We had two good races and a good start on the third and then I slipped and fell on the tiller and snapped both the tiller and the rudder retainer clip. A few pirouettes(spelling?) at the windward mark to confuse the rest of the fleet and then we retired.
Thanks to Corus for a great day out and great company. The views were good if you looked in the right direction and could only hear the motorway occasionally. Wish we could have done both.
How did Sunday go?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
chris

Post by chris »

Sunday was a very good day too. So all in all Corus was definately the place to be for that late summer sun and breeze. Two excellent days vintage sailing. Thank you Sean and all at Corus. ...perfeck.

Chris
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Thanks Corus great weekend will bring along others next time.

Cheers Al
Pat

Post by Pat »

Results and pictures posted - see news page. Sorry it's a big download - maybe Neil can do somethig but that's the file I was given.
Definitely one of the best weekends of the year - thanks to all involved.
Mercurial

Post by Mercurial »

I've got the disc and it won't open for me - except on the DVD player under the telly, where it plays fine. It's a DAT file and the PC will not open it up as a DVD, video or picture files. I think it might be an MPEG and if so my software should open it OK, but still refuses to do so. I have emailed the chap at Corus if he can send Jpegs or similar so we can see some inidividual images. There are some nice on the water shots there, so they're worth chasing up.

Will have to send the pic to Pat. Hope you all had a good trip back.

PS: My relationship is still intact - despite all the noise coming from the Fireball during several aborted spinny hoists! :lol:
Currently boatless - but watch this space.
Ex-various Mercurys and Fireball.
Howlin

Post by Howlin »

Hi to everyone I met on Saturday at the Corus event. I thoroughly enjoyed my couple of hours chatting and meeting you all. I hope to be in possession of nice looking '74 Finn in time for Shearwater in October. Having aquired Stu's IC127, I need more time to learn about being upright and appreciating the "bicyle"effect! I apologise if I asked too many questions! I will put the pictures I took on a disc and forward them..to Pat? Thanks again and I look forward to meeting many of you again in the near future.

Simon

IC127
FF2549
Shearwater 1943(for sale)
And hopefully a Finn!