Dinghy Weeks and Classic Weeks

Chat about CVRDA events
davidh

Re: Dinghy Weeks and Classic Weeks

Post by davidh »

Keith,

I'm not so sure about it being too late............ maybe we should send an 'advance guard' to suss the place out.

I've done Abersoch week and had a great time - though it can be a bit 'bouncy' and would not favour some of the more 'Lake' orientated boats.

LAKE Tummel (is that where the chocolate wafers comes from) sounds good to me and spreads the word amongst the ungodly Scots. (gary R excepted)

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Garry is about as Scottish as I am...
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

TUNNOCKS tea cakes (a Scottish delight). Lived here for 31 years so gradually becoming more unGodly by the minute. I think that the important thing if you were going to ask if the CVRDA could get a couple of days where we got separate starts at an event eg Tummel week would be that we got a good turnout or I think that it would be embarrassing if only a few boats turned up - not likely to show that we were enthusiastic (which of course we are). It's a long way I know BUT for a whole week it gives a lot of bangs for the bucks. It's why when we travel south Trish and I do a couple of weekends by picking the times to coincide with the events. Hence the disappointment about there being no Frensham for 2009. It would be good to know what events are planned for 2009 so that we can get a plan of attack into gear. Any news yet?
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Perhaps. BBSC could take the Frensham slot and open it out to include lost classes, nearly old enough but not plastic that we do not like and run on the basis of competetive but fun with no personal handicaps?
Harrier 25
505 7163
Pat

Post by Pat »

Garry, how about a May trip to take in the merlin Inlands and then cvrda Whitsun event the following weekend?
roger

Post by roger »

Rupert wrote:Garry is about as Scottish as I am...
my grandmother was scottish does that count :?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

Merlin Inlands is now confirmed as 9th / 10th May at Northampton - previous date was provisional!
davidh

Post by davidh »

Pat,

But it's......................... Pitsford!

Maybe they've forgotten the battle of the peas in the clubhouse!!!

Will you be sailing Half Cut or something more modern?

One other thought..... now we're not doing the BotC, how about a Club Race Officer Course for Shearwater?

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If the BOTC isn't a goer, does anyone fancy a trip to the Bloody Mary? As soon as I've checked that the Tonic is in one piece, I am planning on entering. Anyone else? I've never managed to get there, so feel it needs to be done at least once!
Rupert
keithr

Post by keithr »

David & I did the BM twice but the Peggie was treated as a development class because there were no PY returns and we were given a handicap which put us with the Fireballs so we were not inclined to enter again.

Quite an experience though, 1st time so cold the sheets were freezing as we sailed and the second time so foggy we needed a compass though the Thames Raters masts were higher than the fog???..

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'd heard that there was a handicapping problem. If I do it, I shall put on the form that I have been sailing off 1170 and see if it makes any difference, but I suspect you would have tried something similar.
Rupert
keithr

Post by keithr »

I believe we did and also remonstrated with the race officers on the day.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird