Whitefriars Classics and Lost classes meeting 29th March

Chat about CVRDA events
jpa_wfsc

Re: Whitefriars Classics and Lost classes meeting 29th March

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Nigel;

thank you for lending Tom the Beachcomber - he enjoyed it! Although tacking with the jib was difficult.

Karen; thank you for the pictures - I especially like the one of Matt sailing the Hopple - Iconic!

He has NOT shared the choc orange yet! Still why should he getting that tipsy thing through three races probably used up that many calories.

Rupert - great day, thank you. Dave, Colin and co. Thanks to you all too.

Cheers!
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi John,

you and Tom are welcome - it must have been a little frustrating though. She really needs a bit more wind than that to make it interesting (and to push the jib through).

I put the photos and video on the computer today. Too much to email but if you pm me an address, I will put them in the post.

It is easy to pick Tom out in the photos. The pink jib and lateen rig really stand out.

Nigel
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The shot of Matt in the hopple shows that he has got to grips with her much better than I ever did. He is making sailing her look cool, something that, as can be seen from the shot of me with very short legs in the Tonic, I have never managed to pull off!
Glad everyone got home OK (at least I hope Bert has??)
Y&Y were great this morning. I emailed them, and 5 minutes later the report was up!
Rupert
bert

Post by bert »

The weekend sailing was very enjoyable & learning a new class is fun at the best of times,Thanks to all for the event & I throughly enjoyed my self & my only regret is that I never had time to try the moth "the hopple".
Next time if possible I will try it,So whats the worse that can happen?

The canoe`s in the garage warming up ready for the next couple of coats of varnish,The muscle box has been removed from the jib tensioning system & a easlier to work on system ordered & the main jammer is GONE ready for a "better & cheaper" system that will improve things.I also will order a "better & cheaper" me to help the learning curve of the IC

Oh yes thanks,I got home fine,good old cruise control & sturdy Knots,4 hours later But worth it!.

Thanks one & all,I Look forward to seeing you all at bough beech.
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

:D Many thanks to Rupert and crew at Whitefriars, we had a very enjoyable sail - our first outing this year and Iska's first outing with her new mast.(it's very tall!!) We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and hope it is the first of many events this year. Chris has still got to sort out his computer so I'm posting this thanks from both of us.