Camping at Roadford

Chat about CVRDA events
JB9

Re: Camping at Roadford

Post by JB9 »

Tribord is sold through Decathlon stores in the UK. They have some very reasonably priced kit.
Harrier 25
505 7163
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

We are hoping to bring Agamemnon to Roadford as his/her inaugural cvrda experience. I have even put all other boat work on hold in my attempts to be ready. Given there will be a slight interruption to our preparations caused by a detour via Travemunde and Sonderborg (a small matter of the contender worlds - are you coming davidh?) we may not be ready, so I don't know whether to book or not :?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

They didn't ask for money up front, if that helps, so I assume you could cancel at a later date if necessary.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

We've just had a good weekend at Roadford and lake levels are the highest we've seen. Suggest you book camping anyway as it is filling up for Bank Holiday. Anyone with a non-cvrda boat is also welcome as the open Goodacre Cup is running in parallel so bring all the hangers on.
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Whilst booking camping now to get a decent pitch is recommended, we have been told this weekend that there is another field which can be opened up for use, so don't hold back there is no excuse we have room to accommodate you all !!
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I have just been on the phone to Roadford to book camping for the August weekend and was told that they didn't need my name (indeed she wasn't taking names) as the CVRDA and some other club have already booked a section of field for camping. She said it was going to be really busy but to just turn up - the earlier the better. I just wante to confirm that this was true and that we have actually got guaranteed space albeit "squeezed in" was the phrase she used. She did also mention the Classic rally specifically.
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Guys,
I have just rung the office at Roadford to clarify things, They apologise, there was some confusion and the girl who answered, being new, was not quite sure so gave what she thought was correct.
However, after speaking to the site Manager, I can assure everyone that there will be plenty of room for us all, but we do need to book, and we do need to give names etc and state that you are coming for the CVRDA Event or you may end up with a Scout Group ( perhaps you may wish to !!!), as I have said before more details will follow ...... we are getting closer.
GBR74 ex custodian of
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Great - thanks for that. Will get it done asap. Do they still have Sea Scouts? Or just Sea Cadets?
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Baltic Wharf has Sea Scouts on one side and Sea Cadets on the other.

Two more different attitudes to much the same selection of tasks is hard to believe unless you watch it.

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
roger

Post by roger »

My brother has just phoned to say that when they tried to book camping they were told it was full. He then told them they were coming to the event and were told they could squeeze them in.

So make sure you mention that you are attending the event.

Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Roadford Camping is very busy at this time of year, and if you are trying to book a site for what is a Bank Holiday weekend, it would be nigh on impossible anywhere in the SW at this time.They are now full with the exception of space set aside for those attending the CVRDA Event so please do make sure you let them know you are part of it.
We have been assured that they can fit us all in.
GBR74 ex custodian of
FDGorilla

Post by FDGorilla »

Guys

I've just booked us in - we've been put in 'the other field'. Hopefully this is right - we're arriving on Friday so probably before most. With what feels like the biggest tent in the world when you have two little people running/crawling around, it'd be a nightmare to move - can someone confirm if we're in the right place.

Thanks

James
I may not be very clever but I can lift heavy things

Finn GBR75
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I booked a month+ back and have been put in the "other" field too and am arriving Thursday.
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

I will check it out tonight on my way home and report back on the 'other field' but I think that just about everyone is there unless you booked for an electric hook up.
All the areas are only a short walk to the lake and the ablution facilities, the only area to avoid is where Alan Williams pitches his tent, as his snoring is even louder than mine.
GBR74 ex custodian of
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Graham that's the kettle calling the pot black.
Cheers Al