Any news Micheal?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Brookesy

Re: Chichester Harbour Event.

Post by Brookesy »

With the absense of a date so far for the Chichester Harbour event, whilst at the dinghy show, I contacted the Finn Fleet at Bosham, and they have agreed to allow the Classic Finns to join in with them on Sunday 1st August where we will have three races back to back.
My contact was Dick Pratt, Rear Commodore Dinghies, who had an interest as he also sails a Finn. I regret I did not clear it as full blown CVRDA Event, but if the numbers were not huge it may be possible to do as we have done, and join in with the normal club racing, their calander is now pretty full at this time of year.
I can pm a contact number if required.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Michael Brigg

Re: Chichester Harbour Event.

Post by Michael Brigg »

I am hopeful that I may be able to get a CVRDA event on. Although with a change in class captain at Bosham I have rather lost momentum, I was at Itchenor last week end on rescue boat duty and was talking with some older club members.

There was enormous enthusiasm for the idea of a classic event at Itchenor and as my sister in law is Rear Comodore Sailing(Racing) I have some leverage to get in on the programme.

A date in September would be quite possible.

I can provide a commitee boat and we will have to help with a race officer. The club has sufficient Safety boats, which I should be able to arrange a crew for.

I feel Itchenor may be a better bet than Bosham as there is more easily accessible local camping,and also the club has accomodation at a moderate charge. (Dormitories or private rooms) as well as on site bar/dining room and if we wish, a posh dinner. It is next to the public hard, there are moorings if needed, and there is all tide access from an extensive wooden decking/slipway.

Edited. [img](Picture%20removed%20for%20copyright%20reasons,%20MJB)[/img]
Michael Brigg