Information please

Chat about CVRDA events
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Ok then......following some gentle hints I have updated and added some of the events 2005 pages on the website (still noy had time to add photo's yet! to various gallerys :twisted:)

When event organisers have a moment could they email me some gumpf to go on their respective pages. I have done Plymouths, started Frensham and have a blank page for Clywedog.

The national rally at Roadford usually goes along standard familier lines, but this year I thought about putting up quotes of what competitors thought, kind of testamonials from the sailors. Obviously I will put the usual time place etc. If anyone wants to send a quick sentance or two about their Roadford experience than please email it to me. In fact (thinking as I type) I'll put testamonials up on any of the events pages if I get them.

You know what I mean:

'we loved our time at roadfors, the sun shone, the wind blew and everyone was so very friendly, pity about our centerboard - we'll be back next year. D&D Cornwall'

'even with the hangover from hell I enjoyed the racing' DR N Devon

'we didn't really race, we just came for the good fun sailing' E&S Cornwall

You know the thing I mean.8)
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Pat

Post by Pat »

Do you want dome photos from Roadford? (and various Shearwater ones)
Or even a movie or two featuring Roger's Hornet at Roadford?
Digital of course.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Yes please:

Please ;-) if you send me photo's please be wary of the file size, otherwise my email will sink. Movies - yes please, but befor you do could you let me know the total file size and what format it is in. I have no movie editing facility, so if you do, could you edit all the, umm, how do I put this, umm, err - could you edit all the crap out! there I've said it :oops:

Ta

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

make bow waves not chat
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I put a comment on the forum about a Bewl Water event in July. Ian Duffill is the organiser and is keen to maximise attendance and this first event. I have sailed at Bewl Water and it is very nice, pretty large. He can be reached at flint.house@rya-online.net
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

maybe to save all our email, it would be best to start a yahoo group and use some of their storage space as an intermediary holding place.

I am still on a modem (no broadband down here in Cornwall yet) and I get really stuffed when some kind hearted person sends me a 'few images' each of a few megabytes size! It happens almost once a week at the moment.

If we started a yahoo group it would at least give an alternative for those who know 'not' to send large images by email.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Am definitely going to the Bewl event, It's a good water, and reasonably Finn friendly.

Nick
roger

Post by roger »

Trevor
Can you get him to post something on this site ie.event details camping facilities, entry etc.etc.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I have emailed the organiser as requested.

Also, Dell Quay Sailing Club will be hosting an historic festival at the picturesque port of Dell Quay which is situated in the Chichester Harbour. This event will celebrate the working sail heritage of this historic port and will take place from 8/10 July 2005.
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Just wanted to make this active again.

I've had just one testamonial - any more?

They can be funny if you can manage it? They can be tongue in cheek, but not to 'private jokey' please.:twisted:

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

make bow waves not chat