Hunts Meeting

Chat about CVRDA events
roger

Re: Hunts Meeting

Post by roger »

jon711 wrote:David,

Next year Smokey Bear and supercrew must be there, and make sure we book for the Dinner in the Dolphin Hotel. It is an event not to be missed (The sailing and the dinner!!). I promise not to break any boats next year!! (I have not done a CVRDA event yet and not broken a boat, am I a Jonah???)

And Rupert, It most definitly must be included in the CVRDA calander as a permanent event.... Hope to see you next year...

Jon
Jon I think you misunderstand. If Hunts put an event on then CVRDA will publicise and support it. All the committee decides is whether to ask them to be part of the travellers trophy series or not.
Any club that decides to host an event run roughly on our format (ie it involves classic boats) will get our support.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Jon,

why just use Smokey Bear?????

After all, this is east of the M1 and therefore Bandit (if not indian) territory.
So maybe Hunts should see a real handicap bandit sailing.....after all, seafly 17 is up for grabs on fleabay!

But yes, (and here I'm taking Roger's point) - if Hunts is one of of the listed events in 2011 then it really will be a case of "it has to be done". Then, leave boat at Nessas, collect on way to Trent.

But - again - the more successful these events become, the more of them there will be cramming their way into the calender. At some point I'd like to see Netley get another event, will this be part of AG's 'South East English Designed Yachts' event?

D
David H
Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek »

David I do not what strange chemical you are ingesting or by what method but what S E Designed event? If anything I would favour an Scandinavian Designed event!
Simples.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Just noticed, we got our best result AFTER I had pulled the jib sheet track off.. How wierd is that?? Maybe demolishing boats is a go fast tip!?!

Jon
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

More classics photos on Marcia's website:

http://www.mbcphotographyuk.co.uk/gallery_86301.html
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

Nessa please thank Marcia for the photos - I'll post them on our gallery tomorrow.