Oulton Week 2010

Chat about CVRDA events
Ancient Geek

Re: Oulton Week 2010

Post by Ancient Geek »

And the band in Nicolas Everitt Park playing selections from Gilbert & Sullivan etc., Church Bells on Sunday too!
Simples.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Got the CVRDA mentioned in Y&Y although only as vintage dinghies. I may have to still do some education at WOBYC!!!
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Hotel booked for Trish and I for the Oulton Week so will definitely be there. May need crew though depending on Trish's tennis elbow symptoms nearer the time. Hope to bring Secret Water. Will be leaving on the Friday as trekking to Clywedog for the nationals at the weekend.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Are you going on to Clywedog too, Garry?
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Where are you staying Garry? I should be able to find you a crew, if needed.. (just would need a little bit of advance notice of the crew required, e.g. size, expreiance, etc.. )

Another Merlin to race against, I will try not to pull the Smokers to bit's so that you have a race!!! Although Nick Crickmore may be sailing his classic Merlin as well.... (And he is not too bad!! - I've crewed him a few times!!)

Shame you need to miss Friday, the highlight of the week starts at 13:00 on Friday, the world famous Bloodbath trophy. Could I convince you to delay your departure until after the Bloodbath?? It is a race for any dinghy, halfdeckers, and windsurfers on one start line, it just has to be experienced...

Jon
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Yep - we are doing Clywedog as well. Remember we will have retired!! Staying Wherry Hotel - a little luxury but then we didn't have a holiday last year as Trish's Mum was so ill. We are coming down a while before Oulton Week so may be begging a bed somewhere if possible as we look around for potential relocation........... does anyone know Kirsty Alsop?
jon711

Post by jon711 »

The Wherry, you are going posh!!! Great views of the Broad,and I may even join you one night for the legendary Wherry Carvary. Isn't it strange as when you get tired, the typing takes longer and loner...(I meant longer ,but can't be bothered!!)

Jon
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Actually the cost for a week is pretty reasonable compared to the one night rate. We had no holiday last year as Trish's Mum was unwell (she died in September time) so there were other priorities so this year is a treat.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

We have no cat's at Oulton Week, not sure they will get down the slip!!! We may be able to arrange launching for cats..

Jon
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'll leave the moggy at home then! We plan to do similar to Garry and leave before the end to get across to Clywedog. Must find the caravan club certified locations list for a site too.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Pat,

You may find that Broadlands Holiday Village (Owned by a club member and walking distance from the club), may have plots for caravans (Certainly used to!!). Link on http://www.wobyc.co.uk

Jon
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks but I don't want the expense and packed-in vans and screaming kids and playparks and clubs of a holiday village, just a quiet CL at about £8 a night.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Just thought I would bring Oulton Week to the top of the pile again...

I know, I'm a sad b*****d....

Jon
jon711

Post by jon711 »

Garry, put out the feelers for a crew, I have asked for an experienced juniour and am confidant we can find one! For any one else who is thinking of coming, but crewless, I'm sure our juniour (I wish I could spell that word!!) fleet will oblige!!

Jon
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Jon

Things are getting less certain about our attendance now. Trish's son has now got his date for going to the US. In spite of us having hotel booked and given him the dates he is now leaving on 24th August so things have yet to be decided. I am hoping still to go but basically our holiday plans have been messed up!!