Dates update

Chat about CVRDA events
davidh

Re: Dates update

Post by davidh »

Have created a 2010 Classics events page - what I will do will be to then do a new page for each event with pre-race info, then a report plus any pics.

try

http://bearfacemedia.co.uk/ClassicEvents2010.aspx

D

Pat

best is to just create a link to the main Bearfacemedia home page

http://www.bearfacemedia.co.uk

Thanks

D
David H
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Chichester/Bosham is still a possibility but may I think have to be an informal affair designed to get a foot in the door for future events.

The trail went a bit cold for a while as Bosham have changed their Classics Class captain just before sorting out their calendar and so all of my emails were going to Mr Nobody. I'm not sure if all the momentum we had built up for a combined event has been lost as a result. I'm not sure if anyone was fighting our corner for a start on any of their weekends but hopefully it wont be to difficult to get something up and running if the new team are keen. I've had a positive response from them.

However this looks like a good event:-

On Saturday July 24th there is an event which the Classics at Bosham take part in at West Wittering. The "West Wittering Harbour Challenge for Dinghies and Dayboats." It's described as a "Mass team race event."

I'm guessing that it is an invitation to clubs to enter as many boats as they have and is a sail around most of the Harbour. I'm guessung the result is calculated on say the best five finishers in your clubs entry. A kind of Chichester Harbour Admirals cup style of race. Starting at @10.30am with high tide @midday this would be an ideal opportunity to see all the nooks and crannies of Chichester harbour, although getting back to Bosham at low tide might be a minor inconvenience. West Wittering race from East Head Beach at the mouth of the harbour, and this would be another good location as there are plentiful camping facilities near to West Wittering. (Boat launching could be problematic however as they dry out at mid-low tide.)

I have asked the Classics captain whether he feels we would be welcome at the table on an event of this nature and I would anticipate perhaps getting a race with the Bosham Classics on the Sunday.

I shall keep you informed...
Michael Brigg
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Sadly this is not a good date for the Finns as it clashes with the Nationals and would mean that any chance of attracting local Finns, even the old ones, from Chichester Harbour would be slim.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Pat

Post by Pat »

Garry, all the events dates have been on the main cvrda site under Events, Current for ages.
It's just the fine detail that's lacking.

I've been starting to make it all database driven to avoid all the editing of seperate pages but other projects (the dinghy database and Shearwater web site) keep getting in the way. Oh and work.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Hadn't realised that when it said " 2009 Events" in the heading it really meant " 2010 Events" - silly me I should have known that CVRDAers live in the past!! All clarity and light now.
Pat

Post by Pat »

From the top bar menu go Events, then Current. Where's the 2009? You need a refresh.
events.jpg
(78.89 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Or did Garry mean the 2009 events bit in "announcements" in the forum, which could safely be deleted?
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Sorry - hadn't used the heading - got it through the 2009 section on the left of news page. All clear now.
Mr. Ben

Post by Mr. Ben »

Thames dates now 100% confirmed as 17th and 18th July. As usual the TSC will be holding it's big summer party on the Saturday night.
Mr. Ben
RYA Training Principal- Thames Sailing Club
Merlin Rocket Star 1842 'Emmeline'
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Excellent, thanks Ben.

I'll have to book Charlie in advance as crew so we can do both days!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

CVRDA dates now loaded onto the Dinghy Sailing Magazine website - in fact, you have your own header. Watch out for more 'space' to come your way.

But if anyone has details of forthcoming events then...get them to me and I'll make sure that they get uploaded.

Dinghy Mag is going 'through the change' (again) but if they keep up with the current efforts could actually become a damn good mag!! (and..one with a 'bent' towards Classic, 505, Merlin and Contenders)

But just to show how I'm really a nice sort of person - Brooksey, get me the stuff again on the Classic Finns and I'll make a little bit of a spread up for you

D
David H
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

David
you have mail
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Pat

Post by Pat »

Good promotion on DSM. But can you get the spellchecker working?
A full year for the Classsics.