Whitefriars event March 28th

Chat about CVRDA events
Garry R

Re: Whitefriars event March 28th

Post by Garry R »

Being a clean living sort of fellow I am really glad that I wasn't subject to the torrents of foul language which seems to have settled itself over Whitefriars last weekend. What we all want to know is did this language come before or after the watershed (aka Roger's capsize!) I am really glad too that young Charlie is learning all the naughtical terms first hand.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Have heard from Dinghy Sailing Magazine that they want first refusal of the start line sequence - so I've sent them over... fame for Roger the Chancey starter at last!

Pat - will post the Half cut pic over shortly

D
David H
roger

Post by roger »

Typical Journo... making his living from others misfortune or embarrassment. David you will have to prove that publishing these pics is in the public interest.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

and I presume Roger has signed a release form allowing his image to be used :wink: got to look after those performer's rights :mrgreen:
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

You'd better give Max Clifford a call, Roger - see if he can get you a 2 page spread in the Mirror (well there isn't a paper called the Albacore) about how your life has been ruined by all this unwanted publicity...
Shame Big Brother has finished - you'll have to eat worms in a jungle instead to keep your face in the gossip columns when you are craving the limelight again.
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

http://www.americanalbacore.com/html/news.html

I was looking to see if there WAS a newspaper anywhere called the Albacore, and came across the above website - maybe the pics could be published there? Still looking for the newspaper, though.
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Rupert - I assume that Roger is the one on the port side of the picture?
davidh

Post by davidh »

Aren't we all being horrible to roger - just think, it could have been worse, Chris could have been there in person and seen it happen 'in real time'!

And how about some sympathy for poor Alan Price in his OK, who ended up getting swatted by the Albacore mast despite some radical steering (also all caught on film).

Rupert, I'm not so sure about "I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here" for Roger - when they see him in his bloodhound pose (nose on the floor, a*se in the air) they might well think that that's even a bit rich for a show as lurid as that!

D
David H
roger

Post by roger »

But do these pictures really exist or is this some form of blackmail? How do you ask for all the negatives from a digital camera? :?

Incidentally I am mailing from a secret location in the New forest.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

The first batch of non-blackmail photos are now loaded to the gallery.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Garry,

all those naughty words and I wasn't even afloat...

Mind you, there could have been some exchanges of 'pleasantries' at the bottom mark, first time around, when Roger was squeezing 'his' albacore into a Firefly sized gap. Of course I gave him room.... but only just! All joking aside, after the long and lean shape of the Contender, it takes some getting used to the fact that you've a lot more beam and what looks like 'room' may not actually be so!

That could have been a second set of woodwork for Chris to be doing in his spare time!!

D
David H
jon711

Post by jon711 »

The pictures of Roger body boarding are not in DSM!!! So publish and be damned!!!

Jon
nprice

Post by nprice »

Still waiting to see DH pictures of Diabolo!
Nick
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'm sorry one and all - I have just seen that Roger got 'bumped' in favour of a pic of some RS200s

Okay.. I will publish and be damned - TODAY

Nick

Diabolo will now be featured too

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Oh the shame - again.

Having been bumped off the back pages by a pair of RS 200s, Roger's reputation takes a further dive as the pics are posted.... along with Half Cut and Diabolo.

http://bearfacemedia.co.uk/Whitefriars2010.aspx

D
David H