Nottingham 5/6 June 2010

Chat about CVRDA events
Penndennis

Nottingham 5/6 June 2010

Post by Penndennis »

With thanks for Peter Vinton's advice and support, I can confirm that Nottingham 5/6 June is definitely going ahead. Racing Saturday lunchtime to Sunday lunchtime, with the option of joining club racing/sailing outside those times.

The Club sails on a good stretch of the river not far from the National Watersports Centre. We already have quite a few qualifying boats including Solos, GP14s, Albacores, Fireflies, Merlins and N12s.

There is ample room for parking and camping, and we are planning to offer lunch on both days and a supper/BBQ on Saturday night.

For more details or to make sure you are kept informed, contact Bill Sylvester bill.sylvester(at)sky.com.
roger

Re: Nottingham 5/6 June 2010

Post by roger »

Bringing Notts to the top. Sorry I cant make it. Hope it all goes well.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
I'm Sorry I'll not be attending as I have hospitality tickets for South Africa v Wales my home country. I wish you all the best.
Al
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Time we posted some details so here goes:

We are having the event over two days, entry £5 per day so people can enter for either one or both days.

There is plenty of room for camping and caravans, and we can arrange to open up (galley and bar included) on Friday pm / evening if anyone wants to come early.

First race will be at 12.00 Saturday, a pursuit race for which Peter Vinton has kindly offered to sort out the numbers. This can be an hour, or an hour and a half duration, as people wish on the day.

Lunch break with food at sensible prices, bar open ditto for the duration.

Second race at 15.00 will be the first of a series of three general handicap races in conjunction with our club racing but a seperate start.

Saturday night there will be food and drink available, and an idea of numbers would be helpful here.

Sunday there will be two GH races at 11.00 and 13.30 - lunch in between - followed by a brief ceremony where bottles of plonk etc get dished out. There will be a club race at 15.30 which visitors will be welcome to join in.

Due to the nature of the river we have a length restiction of 14'6'' (which is blatantly ignored for Albacores and two recent additions to our training fleet) multihulls trapezes and bowsprits. For this weekend we will take a view on whatever turns up and hope common sense will prevail. If in doubt I suggest you contact us either on this forum or the club website nottinghamsc.org.uk, I'm sure we could lend anybody a boat if we couldn't accommodate their own.

Hope to see plenty of you soon

Steve
A 195
chris

Post by chris »

Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks for posting the details, I'll add them to the events page later.
It was nice to see the group from Nottingham at Hunts and I'm really sorry we can't make your event this year due to prior commitment. Annoying really as it's one we'd like to have done.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I presume that the 14'6" Albacores are the ones bought on ebay by trusting souls?
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

I'm planning on making the Sunday and all going well will come up for the Saturday and camp with the van. I have offered a place on the trailer to another Roadford Finn and am waiting to see who will travel.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Brooksey, look forward to seeing you, with as many Finns as you can manage. A long drive from Devon, and your support would be appreciated. I've been thinking about a Finn for a while and wouldn't mind a go if that would be ok.
Garry, I did get A195 from Ebay and oddly enough you were spot on, the advertised length was indeed 14'6''. I risked the possibility that the stern had rotted and that some bodger had cured the problem by sawing off the offending part and reattaching the transom. Stranger things have happened, but it turned out to be the elastic ebay tape after all . . .
chris

Post by chris »

Hi Steve, it was good to meet at Hunts and very glad you came. Hope you enjoyed it. Unfortunately we have a wedding in Devon that weekend so can't make it. It might be worth asking the nat 12 site to publicize it too as they are strong 'up there' as I'm sure you know. It used to be Ken Goddard in charge of the keen vintage fleet but I don't know who is now. Hope you get a good turnout; make it compulsory - in the nicest possible way- for all the local boats of course.
Chris, MR 507
flip-123

Post by flip-123 »

Hi everyone looking at bringing two Albs so lets hope for good weather. :P
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Flip,
Yes, fingers crossed for the weather, only gentle breezes today and Saturday, but yesterday we got blasted off the water.
Two Albacores infers at least four people - can you let us know if you want supper on Saturday.
Look forward to seeing you,
Steve
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Its with a great deal of regret that I find I am now unable to make it to Nottingham this weekend as I am stuck with having to carry out removals as my son moves out from halls of residence at Uni.
Hope you all have a really good event, the weather certainly seems to be promising.
GBR74 ex custodian of
Pat

Post by Pat »

I am stuck with having to carry out removals as my son moves out from halls of residence at Uni.
You'll be scrubbing and cleaning then to make sure he gets his deposit back :(
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Yep,
I can see you have done this as well, the pleasures of student life...
GBR74 ex custodian of