Clywedog update

Chat about CVRDA events
keithr

Post by keithr »

Hi Everyone

The good news is that we will be able to host the meeting on 6/7th of August as we will have a functioning clubhouse. The bad news is that the builders will still be in so some facilities maybe not finished but we should have functioning shower/toilet facilities and basic catering. Our galley crew will have sandwiches and light refreshments throughout the weekend and we will probably have a barbecue or burgers on site on Sat pm with salads and puddings fronm the Galley.

Currently we are hoping for 3 Peggies and a couple of finns to be racing, not sure what the jolly boat or other class numbers will be?. Please let me know if you are hoping to join us for the weekend. As in Previous years you are welcome to arrive earlier in the week ans stay on a few days as well.

Keith R
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
roger

Post by roger »

Put down 1 Hornet Keith.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
chris

Post by chris »

does your Hornet need putting down? RIP
Sounds abit harsh.

Keith. Lois and I are thinking of betraying the CVRDA this time in favour of the Broads weekend.
Chris
keithr

Post by keithr »

Chris & Lois

We will miss you, hope the wind is a bit less on the broads than you have experienced on our tranquil inland waters????

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
keithr

Post by keithr »

Clywedog update

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have arranged a Hog Roast for the Sat night with enough for approx 100 meals. The ladies will be doing Salads and a Vegetarian option with home made puddings to follow. We hope to keep price below £7.50 each.

The bar will be stocked with trad ales in keeping with the vintage theme ( in bottles I am afraid as new bar kit not installed)

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
chris

Post by chris »

Thanks Keith, We shall miss the weekend as we really like Clywedog. By the way a shroud went the other day on the same boat....not too devastating though.
Good luck,
Chris
roger

Post by roger »

Hi Keith,

Can you give us directions from Llanidloes please. I understand the drive is quite interesting. I have a 9ft height on the van is that likely to be a problem and have you got a tractor to tow an old transit van back up the hill.:D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Roger
Lake easy to find signposted all the way from LLanidoes.
Road is steep but not impossible. I would not want to tow a Flying Fifteen up the hill but you will be ok with a Hornet.
Cheers Al see you there.
roger

Post by roger »

What boat are you bringing Al?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Roger
I'll be sailing the Finn. I do not own the Hornet but borrow it from Roger Howell.
See you there or have you been invited to Lyn and Johns?
Cheers Al
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Do'nt worry Roger. My old VW Camper is a regular visitor and romps up all those hills with boat in tow. See you there.
hayes

Post by hayes »

Sorry can't make it. Trying to finish Sizzle in time for Roadford. Good to hear 3 peggies making it. Try to get more next time.

Andy
Keeper of Pegasus records
Pegasus 1
Pegasus 81
Merlin 3474
Gibsea 282
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

HI Keith, yes will definatly be there with ent, Hog roast sounds great , Put us down for 2 grown ups and 3 kids (moniques got 2 freinds up from cornwall!!!!!!.)Would like to join you for club race the weekend after cvrda if poss too ,see you soon Duncan8)
DJSpencer-Smith
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Keith,

sorry.....but We won't be able to make it this year.

I have been in a right quandry for ages as Clywedog clashes with the International Canoe Worlds in Portland the week afterwards. I had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to miss Clywedog as its one of my best events of the year....but then I started thinking about it...and didn't really want to miss the last oportunity to sail the IC without a kite at a large event, as they will shortly be going Assymetric. It felt a bit like a once-in-a-lifetime chance that should be grabbed. They do have a classic wing.....which ironically, I might be legible for...although not sure how keen I am.....this is supposed to be my 'modern' boat!!!

I was planning for a while to try and do both and do Clywedog on the measuring days....and drive Sunday overnight for the first race on Monday....but I don't feel as young or as foolhardy as I used to so decided that was a bit silly.

So.....sorry....really sorry to miss you all!!

Keith and all....

this does mean that someone is going to have to take an up-to-date copy of the PN Numbers and have a go at helping Keith do the race results.

Alan, Roger....would you be able to do that?

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
markj

Post by markj »

Ed
If you can drop the relivant details to me I can take them up and give Keith a hand.

Mark
Tel number is 07709918566