Finn UK Masters 2010 and Open at Roadford 10th-12th Septembe

Chat about CVRDA events
Brookesy

Finn UK Masters 2010 and Open at Roadford 10th-12th Septembe

Post by Brookesy »

The Notice of Race and Entry Forms are about to be posted on the Roadford and British Finn Assoc websites. Whilst the three day event is for those of us of over 40 years, the Saturday and Sunday will be open to those of more tender years(allcomers). And for us classic guys a very nice half hull model Finn trophy will presented to the best placed Classic Finn regardless of the age of its helm.
The event will consist of two races on the Friday, three on Saturday and two on Sunday, with a meal in the Roadford Conference centre on the Friday night and a Hogroast at the barn on the Sunday night.
This is an excellent opportunity to see how our classic boats perform against their modern counterparts as the UK Masters guys gave a good account for themselves at the recent worlds, so please come and have a go. I know of at least one local boat that will be available for loan, so no excuses for what promises to be a first class event.
Last edited by Brookesy on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Brookesy

Re: Finn UK Masters 2010 and Open at Roadford 10th-12th Septembe

Post by Brookesy »

Ooops I should have posted this in the Events area, perhaps the moderator can move it ....or should I swear to draw attention.

BUM.....
GBR74 ex custodian of
roger

Post by roger »

There you are Graham. I have to admit I was surprised it worked as its the first one Ive moved.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Graham,
I'm planning on coming, how are you going to differentiate between the rigs? I have the option of using the Needlespar/Musto rig or the Carbospars/Victory rig. I believe the carbon rig is a little bit faster but does this make me simultaneously ineligible for the classic fleet and still uncompetitive in the rest?
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

For this event our CVRDA handicaps will not be used as the BFA will be awarding the trophy to the first classic boat regardless of spec, so I would say use your best rig.
The Finn handicaps are something which we need to discuss for next season and Neil, Alan and I were intending to have these discussions with you at the event so we can agree a way forward.
As a further look forward we have an offer for a Classic Finn Regatta in Falmouth which Mark is coordinating for next June and also for 2012 as part of the Finn Festival sandwiched between the Nationals and the Gold Cup.
Now is the time to get into a Classic Finn...
GBR74 ex custodian of
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Entries are starting to roll in for the Finn Masters with the Classic boats nearing double figures so please try and make this one, at the rate we are going we may even top the numbers the Finn fleet had at the Nationals.
The prgramme for this event will be two races on Friday afternoon followed by a Curry or Vegge lasagne at the Lakeside Complex across the lake, Three races on the Saturday, followed by a Barbeque at the watersports centre, and two races on Sunday followed by the prizegiving.
We are integrating the classics in with the modern boats and sailing as one fleet for the three days for the Masters or for those under 40years of age, sailing in the Open on Saturday/Sunday.
This gives a great opportunity to pit our classic boats against the moderns and hopefully give them a run for their money.
Please PM me if you would like more info we welcome all Finns regardless of age or condition, and I can assure you there will be sailors of all abilities to compete with, beat or be beaten.
Rumour has it we have secured a mean supply of scrumpy to sample at the BBQ.
GBR74 ex custodian of
Brookesy

Re: Finn UK Masters 2010 and Open at Roadford 10th-12th Sept

Post by Brookesy »

Congratulations to Peter Vinton for first Classic Finn at the UK Finn Masters.
Six classic boats contended the event at Roadford and put up an excellent performance getting in amongst their modern counterparts on occasion and putting on a good show in what proved to be challenging conditions at times.
See thye Y&Y reports for photos and Video and come and join us if you can next time.
Burgefield SC has an open for Finns on Oct 3rd and the Classics will be entering again with four from Roadford and a couple from other clubs.
GBR74 ex custodian of