Roadford Annual Regatta info.

Chat about CVRDA events
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

I have vintage trophy.....and I know that Rob and Bella will bring down the 'Wingnut' award.

don't think I have anything else.....it does seem like quite a few of the smaller awards have gone walkabout over the years.

talk later

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Pat

Post by Pat »

My laptop's coming anyway for photos so if you tell me where to download the software I'll get it primed. I'll bring my little printer too so there won't be any printer driver problems.

If I get enough time to sort the new mobile out as a modem we may be able to upload the reports daily to the web - at least to the forum!

Also we could get all the weekend's digital pictures off people's cameras and do a cd/ gallery for the web.

Weather forecast is not promising - Metcheck are giving light rain all weekend for the PL16 postcode - pack plenty of wellies again!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

I can provide uploading and printing facilities if required as I'm only just up the road.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
chris

Post by chris »

Pat, That's great, many thanks. I'll get Stu to email the site for the sailwave program, though I have it on disk if all else fails. I know it a sailing club that does sailwave but can't remeber which one. We could take it in turns to do results and then ask Stu to sort it out when we get it wrong!
STU
can you post the sailwave address please!!
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

sailwave can be downloaded from http://www.sailwave.com/

The cvrda ratings file can be downloaded from the front page of the cvrda website. To use this file you have to put it in the ratings directory, and then choose one of the base100 ratings systems, I think one is USPY or similar, they all show the formula anyway.

I will of course help with any issues in using sailwave, or sorting it out to work.

I would suggest that the wings/fleets be specified when loading the competitors, this makes it SO much easier at the end. In fact, the more info that can be loaded at the beginning will save LOADS of time later on. Small pain for a huge gain.

See you all there.
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
chris

Post by chris »

Thanks Stu
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sailwave and the CVRDA handicaps are loaded and running after a bit of a battle! As with my new phone software, I had to totally disable Norton Antivirus and Internet Security, prevent them starting up with Windows, detatch my network connection and reboot before I could successfully install. Gone are the days of simple programs.

it looks OK but I did hope for a drop down list of classes in the competitors entry bit taken from the ratings files. It's the sort of thing I've learned to put in my software to prevent typos. Or am I missing something...
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

When you enter a competitor using the competitor entry form, you enter the class and the assigned handicap is automatically entered. Handicaps can be adjusted 'accross the board' by changing the entry in the .csv file. Individual handicaps for specific boats can be adjusted in each competitors entry.

When using the competitor box, if you are loading loads of boats ensure the edit next box is ticked, if adjusting single entries untick the box.

By double clicking any of the entries in the 'spread sheet style page' a competitor box opens, enter the details in there. As you enter info into the boxes pick lists in the same box in subsequent competitors a built.

eg: in the first entry no sailing club list entries are available to pick from, enter a club in comp. 1 and in comp 2 that club appears as an option, etc.

When entering race results, by far the best way (imho) is by using the sail number wizard (F12) - bloody easy then.

Results can be betered in elapsed time, position, or clock time (race start time recorded, and finish times are entered)

Pat: If you email me your email address I will email you the cvrda logo .gif to make the printed results look better. (stu@cvrda<spam>.org - remove spam obviously

I have found in the past, that a (an?) html editor is handy for playing with the print output, or a new version of excel is handy too.

Good luck, many HATE sailwave, I think it is great, but hey......
:D
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Robin Burnham

Post by Robin Burnham »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chris</i>
<br />CVRDA annual regatta 2005

Roadford Lake, Nr Okehampton on the Devon-Cornwall border.
http://www.swlakestrust.org.uk/pages/lakes/roadford.asp
August Saturday27th, Sunday28th, Monday 29th
See elsewhere in this site for boat eligability etc.

Registration can take place on Friday evening and Saturday morning, Please make sure you have registered before joining in.

Costs. £25 per boat. This includes the lake's launching fee, so for members of Roadford Lake Club the fee is £10 per boat.
This year we are selling the tickets for the Sunday Social Meal separately at £6 per person.

Camping. Pay this separately to Roadford Lake in their office. We have booked the 'Lake field' for CVRDA sailors and so their party rate of £2 per person per night applies. (see their website above for more information if you need hook-ups etc)

For those thinking of coming for the first time Roadford is a large resevoir lake about 6 miles from Launceston. Camping is right by the lake. There are showers etc, one fridge to chill ice packs etc but no camp shop. Launceston is the nearest centre. There are a couple of pubs within a few miles that do good meals but tend to get full in the summer.
The sailing is as good a place to sail inland as you might find anywhere. There are toppers, canoes etc that can be hired too.
Launching is off the beach or slipway. We look forward to meeting new people and their boats - just turn up!
As before we will ask around for a voluntary subscription to the CVRDA. This is not a requirement for coming to Roadford though, the CVRDA keeps running costs to a minimum (mostly by doing our stuff over the web rather than the post office) but we do incure some expenses throughout the year.

Friday
5-7pm registration in the 'end' room.

Saturday
Morning
9-12noon registration in the 'end' room (NBYou will need to sign to say your boat has current insurance for third party liability)
12.30pm Welcome on the slipway
6.30 evening CVRDA AGM. Traditionally very brief, please come and join in.

Afternoon,
fun race, cruise or similar,
CVRDA sailpast. A chance to get some good photos of all the boats on the water.
Followed by Concour's d'Elegance, (on the shore)
vote for the best 'on the water', the 'best looking on land', 'the one you'd really like to take home with you'.

Sunday
9.30am Skipper's meeting on the slipway
three races probably starting at 10.30am but at this stage I'm not publishing definite times as I'm not the race officer!
evening
Meal, bar and social in the barn starting at 7.00ish

Monday
two races. Times to be announced.
Prizegiving to round the afternoon off.

Please note that I haven't been too detailed with times yet. You will get a detailed programme as part of the Welcome Pack, but do contact me or anyone in the CVRDA for more info.

We hope everyone will have a great time and we look forward to seeing as many delightful dinghies as possible.(don't forget to bring your spares, and gaffer tape!!)
Chris Barlow,
chris@cvrda.org

<font size="1"></font id="size1"><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Robin Burnham

Post by Robin Burnham »

Hi Chris, I am planning to race my ff15 but will be unable to get to Roadford until sat afternoon, As I am at Dartmouth regatta all week!
Can I register ok late? I sailed Mockingbird last Friday ok, No problem launching, once you realise there is a dogleg in the concrete slip. But you have to keep away from the pontoon. Unless of course a lot of water has been lost since.
Hope to see you all next week...
chris

Post by chris »

No problems, Lois will be handling registration and money. (crewing merlin 6) Find us camping and we'll sort things out at a quiet time.
(don't thrust cash into her hand just as we are setting off for a race and expect her to remember what's what!!!). If you like to submit your boat's info on this forum we can put it on the computer ready which would help us. We need to know, your name and details, boat's details, sail no. age etc Cheers
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Just a quick reminder that as previously advertised on website...

It is the CVRDA AGM at 6.30pm on Saturday 27th of August at Roadford Lake Sailing Club.

If anyone has any matter that they would like discussed at the AGM,could they get in touch with me or another committee member asap.

Also if there is anyone who would like to take a more active role within the association, by taking on a committee role, especially one of those that are currently unfilled, please do get in touch asap.

Ring me if you have my number[:p].....or email....or talk to me at lake.

<b>Agenda:</b>

<b>5th Annual General Meeting </b>

6.30pm - Saturday 27th of August 2005 – Roadford Lake Sailing Club

1. Apologies for absence
2. Present Committee – Any changes?
· Commodore – Ed Bremner
· Secretary – Chris Barlow
· Treasurer – Lois Barlow
· Webmaster – Stu Budden
· Press Officer - Neil Witt
· Fixtures (Racing) Officer – Rupert Whelan
· Social Secretary – Unfilled
· Catamarans & Lost Classes – Alan Williams
· Membership Secretary – New Post? - Unconfirmed
If you are at all interested in joining the committee, especially one of those posts that at present are unfilled, please make yourself known to any member of the committee. We would love the help!

3. Minutes from the 2004 – 4th CVRDA AGM
4. Commodores report
· Progress of Association
· Dinghy Show meeting – National Small Boats Register
5. Treasurer/Secretary report
· State of accounts
· Membership Subscription & Payment
· RYA Membership & RYA Dinghy Show
6. Fixtures and Racing report
· Racing report for 2005
· Racing for 2006 – more or less and where?
· Handicap Review
7. Web Masters report
· Web site now hosted with ICO3
8. Any Other Business
9. Date and Place of next meeting – Roadford 2006? Or other location?

Ed Bremner – Commodore
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it