Roadford Annual Regatta info.

Chat about CVRDA events
chris

Post by chris »

CVRDA annual regatta 2005

Roadford Lake, Nr Okehampton on the Devon-Cornwall border.
http://www.swlakestrust.org.uk/pages/lakes/roadford.asp
August Saturday27th, Sunday28th, Monday 29th
See elsewhere in this site for boat eligability etc.

Registration can take place on Friday evening and Saturday morning, Please make sure you have registered before joining in.

Costs. £25 per boat. This includes the lake's launching fee, so for members of Roadford Lake Club the fee is £10 per boat.
This year we are selling the tickets for the Sunday Social Meal separately at £6 per person.

Camping. Pay this separately to Roadford Lake in their office. We have booked the 'Lake field' for CVRDA sailors and so their party rate of £2 per person per night applies. (see their website above for more information if you need hook-ups etc)

For those thinking of coming for the first time Roadford is a large resevoir lake about 6 miles from Launceston. Camping is right by the lake. There are showers etc, one fridge to chill ice packs etc but no camp shop. Launceston is the nearest centre. There are a couple of pubs within a few miles that do good meals but tend to get full in the summer.
The sailing is as good a place to sail inland as you might find anywhere. There are toppers, canoes etc that can be hired too.
Launching is off the beach or slipway. We look forward to meeting new people and their boats - just turn up!
As before we will ask around for a voluntary subscription to the CVRDA. This is not a requirement for coming to Roadford though, the CVRDA keeps running costs to a minimum (mostly by doing our stuff over the web rather than the post office) but we do incure some expenses throughout the year.

Friday
5-7pm registration in the 'end' room.

Saturday
Morning
9-12noon registration in the 'end' room (NBYou will need to sign to say your boat has current insurance for third party liability)
12.30pm Welcome on the slipway
6.30 evening CVRDA AGM. Traditionally very brief, please come and join in.

Afternoon,
fun race, cruise or similar,
CVRDA sailpast. A chance to get some good photos of all the boats on the water.
Followed by Concour's d'Elegance, (on the shore)
vote for the best 'on the water', the 'best looking on land', 'the one you'd really like to take home with you'.

Sunday
9.30am Skipper's meeting on the slipway
three races probably starting at 10.30am but at this stage I'm not publishing definite times as I'm not the race officer!
evening
Meal, bar and social in the barn starting at 7.00ish

Monday
two races. Times to be announced.
Prizegiving to round the afternoon off.

Please note that I haven't been too detailed with times yet. You will get a detailed programme as part of the Welcome Pack, but do contact me or anyone in the CVRDA for more info.

We hope everyone will have a great time and we look forward to seeing as many delightful dinghies as possible.(don't forget to bring your spares, and gaffer tape!!)
Chris Barlow,
chris@cvrda.org

<font size="1"></font id="size1"><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

As race officer, I'm going to take a straw poll on Sat as to whether people want a 10.30 or 11.00 start on Sunday. If you are planning to arrive on Sunday to go racing, please bung a note on here, so we can take it into account for the decision. Monday will almost certainly be a 10.30 start, to allow people who have to travel along way to get away. Will be wind allowing, of course...
BTW, how is the waterlevel?
Rupert
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Ummmmm, the water level is a tad low at the moment as SWW have been dumping water into the river once more. The island is in full view and judging by the way people rushed to stop a Flying 15 being launched yesterday the end of the slip has been reached......
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Pat

Post by Pat »

Chris - we'll be there from Wednesday if you want any help with registration etc.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
hayes

Post by hayes »

Neil does this mean there is less water than last August!

Andy
Keeper of Pegasus records
Pegasus 1
Pegasus 81
Merlin 3474
Gibsea 282
roger

Post by roger »

Island? Is there an Island? I didnt see one last year.:(. May be we could have a cruise to the Island and a picnic on Saturday:D
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
david r

Post by david r »

Chris/Rupert
I will almost definitely not arrive until Sunday early morning so 11.00 race would be better for me - but I'll be there in time for 10.30 just in case - please save me a reg'n pack for Pegasus 194 - unfortunately due to commitments elsewhere I can only make a flying visit this year

re CVRDA posters for Bowmoor Sept 10/11 - I will give them to somebody at Clywedog this w/e - so can you include them in the reg pack please
Thanks David R
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

water levels look about the same as last year at the moment, but the stats from SWWater show that there's more than last year - but they dont show the recent drop when they pumped into the river for three days.

IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

Lizzy, Ellie & I will be there from the weekend before. I am really hoping to do some bits and bobs to my canoe to make the control lines useable !!

I am really looking forward to it this year as it looks like it will be the only cvrda event we are going to manage to make. In fact it could be only the 3rd event we have made all year. We made it to the Supernova nationals in Portpean (Cornwall), a fantastic location. We have just done the Lyme Regis regatta, a truely amazing place to sail from, nothing ever comes close to sailing at Lyme; so those two and Roadford will make 3.

See you there !:)
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Welcome to fatherhood...
Love to all from France!
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

22 years on and we are about to wed off our youngest. Does it finish there?

CU all at Roadford.... must go off and make some trophies now.
Chris and Lois
Pat

Post by Pat »

Any plans for eating on Saturday night? How about a barbeque? I think we need to be organised after last year's failed attempts to get a pub meal.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chris

Post by chris »

No specific plans as the pubs get so full that it seems best left to individuals. The BBQ area is always available for people to use, singly or en-mass.
By the way Pat could we take up your offer of help feeding info into computer please. Alan says he might be able to bring a computer but wasn't sure. Do you have a machine that you would be prepared to bring? (I have a small printer I can bring). All we need is sailwave which can be downloaded free.
chris

Post by chris »

Could anyone that has a permanent trophy that get re-awarded please make sure it finds it's to Roadford somehow please.
Andy... I have the 2 peggie trophies from David that I'll bring down.
Thanks
Chris
markj

Post by markj »

Chris if you need a computer let me know and I will bring one for the weekend.
Give me a ring as to requirments 07709918566
Cheers
Mark