stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

<i><b>This thread has been copied over from the old forum</b></i>

"Roadford writeup?"
Posted by rupert on 08.09.2004 at 14:04:46
Readership 89
PREVIOUS | NEXT | FOLLOW UP | INDEX
No sign of a writeup of Roadford on Y&Y site. We are missing a good bit of advertizing. Nor many fleets can claim 42 boats at their "nationals".
Anyone doing it, or shall I write something? (Firefly biased, of course!)

Follow up from: planker - 08.09.2004 - 16:22:5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking the same. I have already written one for our club log. Very Hornet biased of course but you can edit that if you want

Follow up from: keith r - 08.09.2004 - 19:41:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can do one similar to Clywedog but Rupert you go ahead, I agree the publicity would be good, dont forget the Peggie national report or does David R or Andy want to do a seperate report??

Follow up from: stu - 09.09.2004 - 8:52:36

Someone please do it, I've done a little interim report on the website. I did suggest a pooling of thoughts and then one person edit and submit to the mags etc. My only suggestion would be to emphasise the fun and non racing as well as the racing results. ie: helms falling out of Jolly boats, N12's sinking, wet epoxy and varnish on a certain two handed planker, 400 stone on a cat etc.

Follow up from: rupert - 09.09.2004 - 13:10:6

We only get 200 words! Enough time has passed. I'll write it this afternoon!

Follow up from: rupert - 09.09.2004 - 14:02:14

For better or for worse, it is sent!

Follow up from: rupert - 09.09.2004 - 20:17:37

Slightly longer version also sent to Dinghy Sailing Mag.

Follow up from: neil - 09.09.2004 - 20:42:51

Ahhhhh feeling guilty now, especially after volunteering for PR duties, but I'm afraid the bright lights of Birmingham were calling. Thanks to Rupert for getting this sorted
I've email Y+Y some pics though.

regards

Neil
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat