Nottingham 21/22 May

Chat about CVRDA events
Penndennis

Nottingham 21/22 May

Post by Penndennis »

A plug for Nottingham 21/22 May. I have just acquired OK 1984, never having sailed one before, so why not come along for a laugh? There will definitely be a decent fleet - the majority of the active members are in GPs , Albacores etc. Good campsite across the road, or camping within the compound if you want.

If anyone wants more details, contact me, [email protected].
Rupert

Re: Nottingham 21/22 May

Post by Rupert »

Good plug. Keep 'em coming!
Rupert
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Bill,
I'm glad you've got a new boat. My brother had OK K25. Unfortunately it was cut up because it was in the way, but was a great boat to sail. Jane and I hope to be there in the 'new' Enterprise.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Bill
What ho from downunder, pleased to see you got the OK after all. Any news on the Firefly bits?
Yes, keep plugging away!
Cheers
Steve
kfz

Post by kfz »

Hi guys, Looks like I might be free this weekend at least one of thee days. What do I need to do to join in do I need to join the Association.

Assuming my modern (1962) GP14 is applicable, I have no measurment ticket so technically, Im not in class. How does it work.

Kev
roger

Post by roger »

Hi Kev,

Just turn up. Though some clubs do like an idea of numbers to help with catering.

I dont know that anyone has ever been asked for a measurement certificate yet but you may like to point out how original your boat is to gain some handicap points.
Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Measurement Certificates... that would set the cat amongst the pidgeons, wouldn't it!

Kev, the cvrda is run as loosely as possible, the idea being that boats of a certain vintage get out onto the water to play with other ones, and to race, as they were designed to do. Hopefully in a relaxed manner, though!

I have a feeling that the Nottingham event will have exactly the right atmosphere.
Rupert
kfz

Post by kfz »

Thanks Guys, Ive put it on the Calendar, might not be able to do both days, but certainly try my best to get down for one, will be in 4250 this year, hopefully 47 next year!

Kev
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Kev
I hope you will make it to Nottingham, with or without a measurement cert for your GP. You can stay over if you'd like to do both days and we will arrange food and keep the bar open for anyone that wants to do so. I had GP1831 there until I recently sold it to a new member at the insistence of his kids. I don't remember anyone being asked for a certifcate in the ten years I've been at Notts. It is an open event, fees will be nominal to cover the cost of prizes (tend to be the drinkable variety) so just turn up and join in.
All the best
Steve
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I will still be testing the bionic claw at this point so am unlikely to sail, worse luck, but I will try to encourage some of the Hunts members along. There is real interest in the cvrda here after the great open last year.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

Nessa, you could still persuade Nikki that you need a day out. There's a good cheap trailer spares place in Nottingham..... :D
Penndennis

Post by Penndennis »

Back to the top with it. Some wonderful weather for racing at the moment, and the river in great condition, no weed, little current. I looked at the fleet of 14 yesterday, and on the water excluding the modern stuff, we had an Albacore, Merlin, Streaker, Enterprise, OK and GP14, all of which are qualified for the Old Boats Weekend. For the record, the GP14 won, and the OK was third, so we are getting ready for the challenge. Are you?
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Yes, just started screwing fittings on!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
kfz

Post by kfz »

Looks like where definitely on weather permitting. I will leave the girls at the in laws so its a boys only weekend!

Not the vintage boat but afraid its the modern one GP14 S/N 4250 1961, No cottons, but have got a jib. Might even give the brass a polish.

Kev

Steve Bailey wrote:Kev
I hope you will make it to Nottingham, with or without a measurement cert for your GP. You can stay over if you'd like to do both days and we will arrange food and keep the bar open for anyone that wants to do so. I had GP1831 there until I recently sold it to a new member at the insistence of his kids. I don't remember anyone being asked for a certifcate in the ten years I've been at Notts. It is an open event, fees will be nominal to cover the cost of prizes (tend to be the drinkable variety) so just turn up and join in.
All the best
Steve
Penndennis

Post by Penndennis »

Looking good folks, with ten days to go. I hope we're going to see you here - promises so far for GP14, Enterprise, Solo, Albacore and OK plus we expect to get a good turnout from the older boats in the Club. The bar is stocked, the curry ordered, have we forgotten anything?

If you are coming and want access on Friday evening so as to put the boat in the compound, please send an e-mail.

Bill