Bosham Classic Boat Revival update

Chat about CVRDA events
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Bosham Classic Boat Revival update

Post by Ed »

bah.....you will all be lost behind a fleet of Jollyboats! :-)

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
roger

Post by roger »

Great to hear you will be there Ed. Quite happy to watch you from behind. Be good to see a fleet of JBs out.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Hi all.

I am keen to come along for an event and bosham would have been great but I'm already crewing for the round the island race on a 30ft Morgan giles.

For future ref perhaps someone could advise on the procedures for events and is anyone able to take part and is indeed a 1963 mk1 gull welcome.
Gull mark1. 1066 & 1186
roger

Post by roger »

A mark 1 gull would indeed be welcome at these events. My father and I raced in his at the Shearwater event a few years ago. Usual procedure is to turn up with your boat although the host club does appreciate an idea of numbers for catering.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
I'll not be attending as I'm still awaiting a reboot for my AF. Have a good time.
Al
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Andrew Young has just reminded me that I'd not entered the Bosham meeting using their online entry form, which can be found on the Bosham events page.

Just done it - It took about 5 minutes, and if you enter early, you get a £5 discount. I just need to send a cheque off to them now to complete the process, which helps them plan for the Saturday night entertainment.
Rupert
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Sounds like we might have a good selection of CVRDA boat going to Bosham....which is really good news.

This is likely to be my only regatta up country this year, so I am really looking forwards to it.

I will be there in the Jollyboat......and although I couldn't get Stu to crew for me....I do have Ben Whybrow (and his son Rory) who some will remember used to crew for me in the Jollyboat way back in the very first days of the CVRDA so I am really looking forwards to it. He was very present in some of the early CVRDA regattas and it will be just great to have him back racing with us.

I am hoping to get there around Friday lunchtime.

Anybody else coming who hasn't already chipped in on this thread? If so, do say you are as it all encourages others to give it a whirl.

cheers

eib

Michael B - I presume you are coming.....but what are you sailing? The Firefly?

Roger - will shoestring be ready?

see you there or be square

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

I'm so excited :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget to enter before 20/6/11 for the discounted rate. Enter online to ensure it gets in on time!
http://www.boshamsailingclub.com/index. ... 6d2c12686b
Ed wrote:Sounds like we might have a good selection of CVRDA boat going to Bosham....which is really good news.

Michael B - I presume you are coming.....but what are you sailing? The Firefly?

see you there or be square :roll:
eib
Ed I can see you're getting into the Revival mode. Fabadocious band on Sat. Night.
Have you got your flares and floral shirt! :lol:

I'll be bringing the Firefly. I hope if this comes of well that I can bring something a bit more exotic next year.

Ed, I'll be bringing the Carl Douglas over on the Friday night/Saturday if the weather looks calm. I hope to be around in the early evening on Friday.

The Roll call I think of interested travellers so far is:-

Ed- Jollyboat
Pat- Merlin
JPA- Skua/Finn?
Roger- Hornet
Brooksey- Finn?
Wacko- Fireball 6
Rupert- Minisail
Myself- Firefly

Possibles also I think included:-
Davidh- ?Merlin/Typhoon
Another Planking Hornet
JB4-Jollyboat

Ed you thought there might be enough JB's to court the wrath of the International federations by declaring a World, (Sorry, :wink: Intergalactic)championship. We will keep our fingers crossed and leave the Street lights on to guide the celestial travellers!

Can I ask for a roll call/ declaration of intent from those not already listed, and remind yo all that after this Week-end (from 20/6/11) the entry fee goes up!
Michael Brigg
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Jollyboat numbers seem to be falling :-(

Trevor Chanter's J9 has sprung the typical Fairey leak - betwixt hog/hull.

David Harker's Jolly down here in Cornwall won't be ready in time...

Not sure about Roger Holman, but fingers crossed if he has managed to get his mast fixed and can find crew.

You mention J4, turning up....that would be pretty clever since I last saw her cut in two and used as a bar at the Kanapitsa Taverna in Skiathos. :-) :-) But who knows....I have always said you can repair a Fairey Boat from any condition :-)

Hope there are others......but if not, that sounds like a decent showing anyway.

I think there are 3 local Jollyboats, so hopefully we will still have 4....but hardly worthy of a nats.....although the Peggies managed on 3 for years.

Look forwards to seeing the scull. I won't be able to bring mine...and am likely to be working hard on boat prep on Friday night.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Any idea what the local entry is looking like, Michael?
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Ed wrote:Jollyboat numbers seem to be falling :-(
This is a Shame
Ed wrote:...You mention J4, turning up....that would be pretty clever since I last saw her cut in two and used as a bar at the Kanapitsa Taverna in Skiathos. :-) :-)
Clearly a youth spent almost as badly as DavidH!

Ed wrote:...Look forwards to seeing the scull. I won't be able to bring mine...and am likely to be working hard on boat prep on Friday night.

cheers

eib
You'll be more than Seeing the scull, hopefully you might get to look cool 8) between the riggers as well!
Michael Brigg
roger

Post by roger »

Ed wrote:Roger - will shoestring be ready?

eib
She will be if its stops bloody raining. Just the seat,C/B and tiller to varnish and cockpit to paint. Collect the mast from Chris and do a quick practice rig. Sort out sails etc etc.

Oh and tidy up the garden and sheds and move the two other boats and the trailor/trolly sculpture off the drive because we have just put the house on the market...... are we nuts!!!!! didnt even dream we may be moving last week. oh and Angie said something about painting bedrooms but I think I went a bit deaf at that point.

Not to mention working this weekend.

I am dropping Angie at Bath station at lunch time ... (she is off to London to visit Hannah for the weekend) and then round up the crew and should be there late afternoon.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
roger

Post by roger »

ps havent heard if Jim is bringing his Hornet.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

It'll be the old plastic Applecore for us as we don't trust the shroud-bearing knees on Half Cut. Look out for the blue air when the main swivel jammer doesn't swivel and the cleats don't cleat and the tiller gets stuck under the sidedeck. :x
Might even try to get a towbar on the van this week - otherwise it's two cars again.
chris

Post by chris »

Don't think Lois and I will make.