Who is welcome at events?

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Who is welcome at events?

Post by Rupert »

Following Silverfox's post on the Bosham thread, I thought it might be an idea to set out entry qualifications for attending events:

People: ANYBODY! you don't have to be a member of the cvrda, you don't have to be a member of a class association, sailing club, RYA or anything else to come and sail with us. However, the cvrda does cost money to run, so we do encourage people attending the Nationals or regularly sailing with us to become members.

Boats: With a few exceptions for clubs which have length restrictions, any boat designed before 1965 and built before 1985, or any boat with no class association designed and built before 1985 (lost classes) is welcome at any of our events. Events where the cvrda have been invited to attend, such as Bosham, may have slightly different rules (often allowing in other classes), so it is worth checking with the organizers if in doubt. You boat will need 3rd party insurance to take part, but there is no real need to have a class measurement certificate. Probably worth making sure your boat will actually stay afloat after a capsize or swamping, though, especially at clubs where the bank isn't within wading distance!
Rupert
kfz

Re: Who is welcome at events?

Post by kfz »

Too add to Rupert's post.

We (myself and my 7 year old son) joined the CRVDA at the Nottingham weekend and had a great time. We are not racers by any stretch of the imagination, the boat is set for cruising but we where made to feel most welcome had the run of the place, had a few good pints and some decent food (inc a breaky). The fact we didnt even get much water time didnt spoil the weekend, we had ball. The lad had great time, playing with the local kids/officers, he even came home with a prize.

I would throughly recomend it to family's, fully intend to see them again.

Regrds

Kev

GP14 4250
GP14 47