National Rally at Whitefriars

Chat about CVRDA events
jpa_wfsc

Re: National Rally at Whitefriars

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Last edited by jpa_wfsc on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Home now, sailing kit rinsed and on the line!

Woke up this morning to a glass-like lake - not a breath of wind... guess the money in the meter lasted just long enough.

Thank you to all who came. We saw loads of new faces as well as many old friends at the event, and the effort put in running it was well worth it for such a nice bunch of people.

Many thanks to Pat, too, for her help in getting the results sorted before the prize giving - 3 computers a mobile phone and a printer, and none of them wanted to talk to each other!

I'll try and get a report written tonight if I don't fall asleep too soon!
Rupert
TT700

Post by TT700 »

Thank you Rupert, Kathryn and this other woman Catherine who keeps getting in on the act.
I'm with Kathryn a little too much wind for the ladies but a great weekend allround.
First time in a boat for me this year.... hopefully when I regain the full use of my body after the shock of this weekend I might even think about going out sailing again.... maybe next year
We always thoroughly enjoy Whitefriars.
Thanks for all the hard work getting it organised.
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

I would just like to add my thanks to those already posted to Rupert , Kathryn and all those who helped make my first CVRDA experience at Whitefriars extremely enjoyable. Great event , great racing, fantastic boats, excellent hospitality, reasonable weather and above all lovely people...what more could you ask for?
Thanks again to all and particularly the lads and lasses tending the BBQ...top job!

Cheers

Ian and Wendy

Int Moth K2883
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yes, our thanks to everyone for an enjoyable weekend. I've posted the full and final results now on the main site.
giles

Post by giles »

Kate, Cassie and I would like to add our thanks to all at Whitefriars for a fantastic weekend. Great wind!! Great boats, and great friends new and old.

Giles

Wayfarer 1079