Fixtures 2012

Chat about CVRDA events
roger

Re: Fixtures 2012

Post by roger »

It is unlikely I will get to it next year but the dam to dam event sounds like a great one to join in with. A seperate start (depending on boat numbers) is ideal or in conjunction with a handicap fleet.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Are we having a Whitefriars Winter Warmer? Main aim to attract plastic boats...

Rupert - I'll organise it @WSC if its wanted.....

j./
roger

Post by roger »

jpa_wfsc wrote:Are we having a Whitefriars Winter Warmer? Main aim to attract plastic boats...

Rupert - I'll organise it @WSC if its wanted.....

j./
I might dig (literally) the fireball out of the brambles.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Don't see why not, John! Run it in with a club day in March, maybe?

My other thought was that we could do a weekend (not sure where people would stay) where we run an early season coaching session on the Saturday, followed by racing on the Sunday. If we found a 3rd coach, we could split the fleet into small chunks by boat type and get a leap in fleet racing standards following a winter of varnishing...

Any thoughts on that one?
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I am a coach and would be happy to do stuff.

Fixtures wise I need to talk to Mikey as I am sure he will want to try and combine us with the Merlins, which makes a lot of sense to me. We're hoping that after the great turnout last month we have more bargaining power in terms of getting a good date.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

We looked at Keilder and chatted to some folks at the club on the way back from Scotland a couple of years ago. They were very friendly and we felt we'd be welcome as visitors. The dam to dam certainly sounds like a dam good race and if we can make a full weekend of it that would be wonderful.
I know there's a somewhat formal campsite up the road but do I remember correctly that there was camping at the club??
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

Yes Pat - we are a very friendly club (some repeat visitors travel from Cornwall for our open meetings!) and there is plenty of free camping at the club, with the lakeside car park next door being taken over for camper vans at our opens. It sound like the May open would be the one to go for so I will just check this is o.k. with the sailing committee. Could we call it the Northern Area Championship???? It would look good on the posters!

Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Rupert and I are club race coaches, I'm also a performance sailing instructor and SI, Nessa is a coach too - well staffed we are..
Rupert wrote:Don't see why not, John! Run it in with a club day in March, maybe?

My other thought was that we could do a weekend (not sure where people would stay) where we run an early season coaching session on the Saturday, followed by racing on the Sunday. If we found a 3rd coach, we could split the fleet into small chunks by boat type and get a leap in fleet racing standards following a winter of varnishing...

Any thoughts on that one?
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The great thing about the cvrda is you can call your event what you like! Northern area champs is good, might encourage northern area boats...
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

beat me to it Rupert. I am rather busy next year but it will have to go on my to do list along with the Birkett again.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Rupert
We Roadford are offering a weekend in June. Which ever is the most suitable to everyone available dates are 1st & 2nd, 8th & 9th, 15th & 16th, 22nd & 23rd, 29th & 30th. Please choose a weekend but quickly. Otherwise we will just select a date.
Regards Alan
roger

Post by roger »

Hi Alan, As far as I know there is nothing else booked on any of those dates. The end of Junes may clash with a Holt event in early July. Please let me know your preferred dates and I will add it to the list

Cheers Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

School 1/2 term appears to be until 11th June, so it might be worth avoiding early the 1st 2 weekends for the sake of the traffic and holidays?
Rupert
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Alan and Roger,
According to my calendar your dates for next June's weekends are slightly out e.g. First weekend is 2nd/3rd not 1st/ 2nd.
Otherwise, taking into account the need to try and avoid clashes with the Holt event as well as the school half terms, that seems to leave a choice between the 16th/ 17th and the following weekend of 23rd/ 24th. From a purely selfish point of view the earlier in June the better for me to avoid clashes with other events so of the two I would prefer 16th/ 17th June.
In order to ensure a good attendance the priority is to go with the majority and pick dates that most people will be able to attend so please don't think that I am trying to influence things too strongly in my favour. If the eventual date chosen suits most people then that's fine by me, I just wanted to give my views as I am already well into planning for next season.

Regards

Ian M
Pat

Post by Pat »

We Roadford are offering a weekend in June. Which ever is the most suitable to everyone available dates are 1st & 2nd, 8th & 9th, 15th & 16th, 22nd & 23rd, 29th & 30th. Please choose a weekend but quickly. Otherwise we will just select a date.
Not looking to do a three day bank holiday event then?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)