Nationals 2012.

Chat about CVRDA events
Mr. Ben

Re: Nationals 2012.

Post by Mr. Ben »

I'd like to extend my thanks to Trevor and the Bough Beech team as well despite the fact that I was only able to attend on the Sunday. Bough Beech is just such a lovely bit of water and conditions were just great on Sunday. Being stuck on the river most of the time, I forget sometimes how much fun real sailing is in an Albacore. Myself and Ian spent most of the day giggling like school kids we were having so much fun. So thanks again for providing me with definitely my best sail of the year so far.
Mr. Ben
RYA Training Principal- Thames Sailing Club
Merlin Rocket Star 1842 'Emmeline'
Pat

Post by Pat »

If anyone has some good still images from the event I'd like some for the website. Pictures of individual boats would also be welcome both for the event gallery and the dinghy database. Some examples of the various Moths and Minisails would be especially welcome.
If you've lots then a cd is the best way - just pm me or email below and I'll send more details.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
edm

Post by edm »

I was one of the Bough Beech team on Sunday and had a great seeing all the boats and watching them go. I shot some pictures which I are on flickr. There are a few more & I could send in a cd;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edm666/set ... 357226436/

Best wishes

Ed
JB9

Post by JB9 »

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1138 ... 7271157761

Some more photos on the above link.
Harrier 25
505 7163
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

For some reason I don't have access to that page?
Rupert
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Harrier 25
505 7163
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Especially like the one of the Hornet at the bottom of the page!
Rupert
plankerjim

Post by plankerjim »

Lovely pics, Hornet 610 had a great weekend, our first CVRDA event. It was sailing like the old days, do a race , screw the boat back together, have a beer , repeat the process. we were surprised to be the only? wooden mast. Thanks to all at CVRDA and Bough Beech for an enjoyable weekend.
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

the Peril had a wooden mast! and a wooden boom! and a wooden brained helm!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I know that a couple of the other wooden masted boats that attend events are currently awaiting surgery, and because of that at least one more used a metal mast in order to be sailing on level terms with other boats in the fleet.

I hope we can encourage more wooden masted (and cotton sailed) boats to future events - this is where at least part of the cvrda should be at - so if anybody has any ideas for getting them out onto the water, please let us know! One feeling that I have is that the Saturday of the National Rally should be given over more to celebrating the heritage that we have - any ways of doing that also welcome.
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

We have an ent with a wooden mast albeit a new one at Hunts. I am already encouraging them to join in our racing.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
chris

Post by chris »

Indeed, Merlin 507 has broken two wooden masts in recent years and has scars in the deck to prove it. I still haven't got round to rigging up the replacement I have, then it will be wood and cotton again for vintage events. I also hope to get Iska Merlin 6 back on the water soonwith her 25ft wooden stick. (she currently is very incontinent)