Ally pally

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Re: Ally pally

Post by Rupert »

Country Hotel sound better than London, Alan. Have a good time!
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

And when we're stuck in the traffic on the North Circular or the M25 we'll wish we were back in Somerset. Enjoy the weekend and say Happy Birthday to Seonaidh from us.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Just got back from a great day out today. It turns out we went today instead, as my sister has a cross country tommorow. Can I just say, David's talk was fantastic, and extremely informative. And I have now booked a test sail on a Farr 3.7, which is a nice looking boat. I hope (if you went today, or are going tommorow) your day is, and was as good a day as I had. I am afraid I couldn't meet anyone, as I didn't know who was who, anyhow, I had a good day out :)
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
roger

Post by roger »

Sorry I missed you Max. Davids talk was very good (difficult to fit in a mans life story and tweny odd designs into forty minutes but he did manage it. Nice pic of Ed with his canoe and my geep planing at Clwedog. and a pic of Shoestrings rolled decks.
I spent most of my time talking to classes about the Holt centennial event at Wraysbury with some positives and a pretty sound yes(to be confirmed) from Holt for prize sponsership.

Good to see Nessa and Nik, Mervyn, Toby and Dawn and the majority of Shearwater cvrda contingent there.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
JB9

Post by JB9 »

I was sorry not to see anybody from the CVRDA, I was looking for the previously described sailors. I thought the Aura looked very good though not quite as good as the Flying Dutchman. The older Hornet and Fireball were nice too but generally not a lot of wood.
Harrier 25
505 7163
moggy

Post by moggy »

One day down one to go

Caved in just after lunch and went into the city as the wife was getting bored.

Going to try and stick it out all of tomorrow so if anyone sees me sleeping give my a gentle shake!!!

Gareth

Gp7
GP14 - 7
GP14 -ex 23
GP14 - 13796

Enterprise - 20059
roger

Post by roger »

Sorry Gareth. It was good to meet you to.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Had a chat with Moggy 1st think this morning, then spend the day bumping into people and talking boats as per normal.

Good show, I thought - liked the RS900 - that was Charlie's favorite - shame it may never happen, and Liked Shirley R's wing mast on the Europe. Quite a piece of kit. Not too much wood on show outside of the JH display, but that is normal - nice FF, though.

Enjoyed DH's London-Brighton in 4 minutes a-like run through Holt's life and boats - good to see so many cvrda faces in the pictures! Well done David.
Rupert
moggy

Post by moggy »

Well after the jumped up hitlers finally allowed me up with my trailer to get the boat and another telling all us JH boats not to drop our masts as there where still children present and then saying we can as a small group of kids walked past, then having to wait for 30 mins for a door to be unlocked....... I won't b going ever again!!!!!

Still made good time back to to sheep land via a mcdonalds! Just a bit too late to put 7 back into her garage! So it's her first night outside in 4 years!!

It was nice to meet those of you I did and those I missed I hope looked ok

Gareth
(Moggy)
GP14 - 7
GP14 -ex 23
GP14 - 13796

Enterprise - 20059
chris

Post by chris »

Sorry not to have met up with you, Garreth. I did a stint looking after merlin 1 next to you at the end of saturday, but whenever I was free everyone I wanted to speak to was busy with someone.
Yes enjoyed David's talk v. much, except seeing myself on the screen!
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

Seems I missed a decent w/e, damn cold did for me by Saturday. I'd bought my train ticket and everything. Oh well.
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Had a great day there on Saturday and met most of he crowd.

I want to see the "foiling Oppy" in action. What sort sort of handicap would the committee give that? Increase the PY number for the extra drag?
Martin
Grad 2146 FOR SALE
Pat

Post by Pat »

-10 for modern foils??
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Guys
So glad thatyou all had a good weekend. I must admit that I had one too. It was very restful away from the pressures of modern life. It did not come cheap though £500. I hope this is the last get out of jail card I have to play and that next year I'll be aloud out to the Dinghy Exhibition again.

Al
Pat

Post by Pat »

If you want to hear David's talk, he's doing another at the Chichester Jack Holt event. It's a posh yacht club too!