stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

<i><b>This thread has been copied from the old forum</b></i>

"11/12 Sept meeting"
Posted by Mary from Chippenham SCC on 14.09.2004 at 11:30:36
Readership 80
PREVIOUS | NEXT | FOLLOW UP | INDEX
Very pleased to see some new faces racing at our 'supermodel' river, (I like that one), thank you all for coming. I really enjoyed watching the struggles with gusty wind & reeds, ha ha, we have to do that all the time, all you open water racers don't know how lucky you are not to have to tack every 10 secs.
Hope we can organize another meeting next year, with a LITTLE more notice, & get some more cvdra boats interested.
Mary, (from the dripping BBQ)

Follow up from: mark - 14.09.2004 - 14:41:1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice post Mary, I think it sums up how we all feel

Follow up from: Rupert - 14.09.2004 - 16:12:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice to meet you, mary, and all the other people mad enough to spend all year sailing on such a testing piece of water. I think I've set recovery from my "pinching problem" back 10 years! Mark - don't forget to send the results to Stu, and I'm still waiting to see whether I recognize the event from your Y&Y writeup!

Follow up from: stu - 14.09.2004 - 16:41:36

Y & Y write up........??

Follow up from: mark - 14.09.2004 - 18:05:48

Stu, E-mailed write up and pics to Mark Jardine on Sunday evening, will re-send it they haven't appeared by tommorrow mid-morning

Follow up from: mark - 15.09.2004 - 10:42:36

Have resubmitted artice to Y and Y, the photos have got through, Got to Photo page and search under Karen Honour

Follow up from: mark - 15.09.2004 - 12:54:39

report now showing on YandY site
'full' report with Stu and Rupert with some more pics
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

"11/12 Sept Meeting"
Posted by Tom Perry on 15.09.2004 at 21:19:30
Readership 13
PREVIOUS | FOLLOW UP | INDEX
Definitely the best weekend I've ever spent trying (unsuccessfully) to sail! I was a 'capsize-virgin' until Saturday - hence the petrified rabbit look and standing on the mast, for which I do NOT apologise, self preservation being all. However, my wife is now locked in the garden shed where she will remain for a fortnight. Maybe in future she will leave my car alone!!
Seriously, though, wonderful company and I loved the idea of a new challenge.
Hope to see you all next year.

Follow up from: rupert - 16.09.2004 - 9:55:2
Apologies from the cvrda for bringing all that wind with us! I was very impressed by your mast climbing abilities, and by the fact you braved the conditions again and again. We will have to come again, just to experience the drifting conditions you normally put up with!

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

make bow waves not chat
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

The report for Chippenham is now uploaded to the website. The pictures will follow shortly :)

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

make bow waves not chat