International Moths at Whitefriars

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

International Moths at Whitefriars

Post by Rupert »

There was a tentative suggestion out there that the classic Moths could pop along to Whitefriars on 7/8 July. As, firstly, I won't be able to be there to welcome you that weekend (though JPA might be around??), and secondly it clashes with the Holt weekend, to which I know at least one Skol owner is going, would we be better off choosing a different weekend, maybe in September?
Rupert
Nessa

Re: International Moths at Whitefriars

Post by Nessa »

Yes, I can't go anywhere that weekend. By September I might be sailing again and vaguely capable of sitting in the moth (note the careful avoidance of the verb 'sailing') There are three lowriders at Hunts now, maybe i could persuade some others to come.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The other possible is that the Moths meet up at Hunts, of course, if that is where the boats are. Whatever way gets them together.
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I agree, but we need to meet somewhere we can all get to fairly easily. Hunts is a bit too far into the East for some.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hello again fellow Mothists,
It seems to me that for a variety of reasons there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest amongst the Classic Moth owners in attending the proposed joint open event with the British Moths at Whitefriars this coming weekend. I was planning to go, but if I am likely to be the only one there I may just give it a miss. I realise that the clash with the Jack Holt centennial is probably a major factor in many cases, however, I was still hoping that we might get at least three or four boats together at Whitefriars.
If the enthusiasm is still out there for a Classic Moth gathering and it is simply the timing of this event that has put people off then let's come up with another date later in the year that will suit most of us and then try to find a suitable venue that is; a) Willing to host us and b) central enough so that nobody has to travel too far. Any thoughts?
I am definitely taking a Moth to the Bough Beech Nationals and would dearly love to see a few others there so come on folks you've got nearly two months to get your boats in shape and your tents re-proofed!

If anyone is still planning to go to Whitefriars then speak out and I might go after all.

Cheers

Ian M
Int Moth K2883 (amongst others)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I saw John Andrews (JPA) at the weekend, and he thinks a September date at Whitefriars would be good.
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

September for Whitefriars might suit me too. I could aim to bring both boats.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Bootscooter
Location: Oxfordshire or Lincolnshire (depending on if I can get a weekend off)

Post by Bootscooter »

OoooH! As an aspiring lowrider owner I'd love to do something like this..... just got to get a boat, rebuild it, learn to sail it again and I'm all in! :lol:

As an aside, Hi Nessa *waves*. Met one of you young'uns and his father at the NSSA at Dachet. Can't remember his name right now, but he did well in a Topper in the Rookie Fleet. He was sailing really well, and just beat "my" Rookie Pirate down to 4th. The satndard in the Rookies was the highest I've ever seen, to the point that Stewart (from Plymouth YS) did a google search on a number of sailors@ names to check they hadn't been doing the circuit! :lol: 8)
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

ah gorgeous George! Yes I heard he'd been googled - he was stunned as he's barely been sailing a year and only just bought the boat. Little brother has one now too - watch out topper world. all the young uns are departing en masse for weymouth this weekend!

Back on topic I feel very guilty for having a moth sitting idly in a garage in Hertford, like many of my boats, barely sailed by me. I will get it out one day soon, promise. I also have the yellow peril and have spent a satisfactory afternoon stripping the daggerboard and confronting the realisation that I need to buy it a cover which will probably cost more than I paid for the boat. Nothing standard size or shape comes remotely close. Hoping to bring it to Clywedog.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World