Rupert

Fixtures 2013

Post by Rupert »

So far, we have a provisional calendar looking like this:

Whitefriars training March 23/24

Clywedog May 25-27

Roadford June 8/9

Blithfield June 29/30

Lord Birkett at Ulswater 6/7 July (long distance handicap race, open to all)

Bosham Classics 6/7 July

Bough Beech 3 August

Hunts August 24/25/26

Banbury 28 September

Have Baltic Wharf invited us back for another winter warmer?

An april event (in the South West?) would round things off nicely, or so I think - what do you lot all think?!

And what have I missed?
Rupert
trebor

Re: Fixtures 2013

Post by trebor »

was their a meeting mentioned at Blithfield?
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

There was, but nothing more has been heard, I'm afraid.
Rupert
Podolski

Post by Podolski »

Hi Guys,

Looking into the Blithfield event at the moment, may have to be June or end of July/Start of August in between Salcombe and Nationals for Merlins.

We should have some local boats out and as said in the other forum if we can combine events even better. We had 72 entries for the Barrel this month with plently of water for everyone.

Luke
SoggyBadger

Post by SoggyBadger »

Podolski wrote:We had 72 entries for the Barrel this month with plently of water for everyone.
Clear air on the 1st beat was in short supply though :wink: Especially for a little Heron :shock: :lol:
Best wishes

SB
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Podolski wrote:Hi Guys,

Looking into the Blithfield event at the moment, may have to be June or end of July/Start of August in between Salcombe and Nationals for Merlins.

We should have some local boats out and as said in the other forum if we can combine events even better. We had 72 entries for the Barrel this month with plently of water for everyone.

Luke
That would be great if you have the local boats, Luke - and (apart from the Roadford dates) June or late July/August would fit nicely, though we need to make sure Bough Beech aren't going for the same weekend, too - hopefully you and JB9 can figure that out!
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Rupert
Whats happening re: the East Anglia event?
Cheers Al
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Not heard anything more.
Rupert
Podolski

Post by Podolski »

Right guys,

Have spoken with the club and we can definately do an event on a Sunday, this would run in conjunction with our own club racing with CVRDA/DeMay having our own start.

If we want to have a two day event i would need a rough idea of numbers as the club opperates a policy of only allowing open meeting competitors to be on the water during an event. So if we have enough interest then running a two day event will be easy enough and we would have the water to ourselves.

Accomodation wise there a a few b&bs in Abbots Bromley, but most who come favor camping/caravan/campervan in the field which is free or the club house floor also free.

From the blithfield post I had before there was 10 boats interested so if we can get a few more the 2 day option will be viable,
I have emailed Mervyn for the demay but havnt yet had word, but I would hope to have a few there if i can get the dates to work.

There should be a few local boats, though as I havnt got dates confirmed I havnt got an idea on numbers.

Are there any other suggestions to get some more boats out on the water?
Podolski

Post by Podolski »

Paul,

If you managed to finish where you were in dirty air then maybe we need to keep you in restricted waters :-P

:P
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm always cautious on this kind of thing - would it be a good idea to run a one day event at Blithfield this year, with an eye on a weekend event in future if it proves popular with both club and association?
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Luke,

would an April date suit you and the club? Just thinking that a 2 day event at Bough Beech might be better when the weather is more camping friendly, and we often get excellent spring turnouts, before "summer things" start getting in the way.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Luke - rather than having the club close the water to everyone else, are there other Saturday sailing options to make a weekend of it without taking over the club?? What normally happens there on Saturday afternoons?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
SoggyBadger

Post by SoggyBadger »

Podolski wrote:Paul,

If you managed to finish where you were in dirty air then maybe we need to keep you in restricted waters :-P

:P
Given the tiny puddles I usually race Herons on, that would simply play to my strengths :D
Best wishes

SB
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Can we keep this on topic - 2013 events dicussion
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith