Nationals 2013

Chat about CVRDA events
PeterV

Re: Nationals 2013

Post by PeterV »

Sailing backwards round a normal course isn't possible in a dinghy. What we used to do was to make everyone sail past the start line at the end of each lap, then sail backwards through it (downwind) before continuing the course. I haven't yet come across a dinghy that cannot manage this, as I think it's more to do with the skill of the crew than the characteristics of the boat, although clearly having a boat that has a tendency to stay upright helps!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

PeterV wrote: I haven't yet come across a dinghy that cannot manage this,
Foiling Moth?

I'm sure there is more to a Saturday of non racing than novelty races (though they can fill a happy hour), but what it does take is a lot of effort from the organizers - racing is pretty straight forward. Maybe we need to be looking, as an association, at giving Hunts a hand on Saturday in running the sailing and shore events, if they would like?
Rupert
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I am thinking about food arrangements for this weekend. The popular option with the galley people is that lunches and dinners are included in the entry fee, and we issue a menu either on the day or slightly in advance to get ideas of numbers. This makes planning easier for us and also means you guys don't need to worry about cash for the galley. Any thoughts on this? We are very keen to run a championship dinner in the clubhouse on the Sunday night.

edited to add that we now have a good RO signed up and I'm getting an event team together. It's going to be great!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Sounds good. I think the best option for you guys if to send out a menu beforehand. you dont want to have too much for the numbers or worse too little
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven