National Rally - who is coming?

Chat about CVRDA events
Spiderman

Re: National Rally - who is coming?

Post by Spiderman »

Yes indeed, very nice write up Rupert although I was shocked to see my boat described as "tatty" especially after letting you have a go in her. I assume that you won't be wanting another shot in such a ropey looking boat when we go to Clywedog...shame really as I think you'd like it even more in a planing breeze on open water!
Mind you I suppose I deserve it in a way for making the odd disparaging remark about the Minisails although I was only joking. I have to say that I was truly impressed by the passion and enthusiasm of the Minisailors for their craft and I particularly liked the idea of Minisail Corner out on the spit albeit slightly "Popular Peoples Front". Ronny's boat looked great and really well built so now that he's had a bit of practice I can't wait to see the results when he builds a proper boat...I've still got the plans for the Shelley and he's probably the right size for a Moth!
Keep up the good work and hope to see you at Banbury.

Regards

Ian M
Tatty Moth K2883
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Tatty isn't an insult, Ian - it is the sign of a boat used for what she is supposed to be - winning races. I voted for her as boat I'd like to take home! And that was before I'd sailed her.
Rupert
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Don't worry Rupert I was only teasing about being offended by the "tatty" reference to my Shelley. You have probably worked out by now that I can be quite fussy when I have the time and resource to be be, but when it comes down to it I will choose function over form every time, especially when it comes to a racing dinghy. Now if we are talking about a classic cruising yacht that might be a different story although everything still needs to work properly in my opinion otherwise it can diminish the experience.

Cheers

Ian M
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

Thank you Ian and I agree about the weird shape of the Sprite. I painted one half red to remember what side is supposed to be in the water, the part of the deck you are supposed to sit on is the one without the hole in the middle (you wouldn't tell at first sight but a Minisail is a smart design, everything is there for a purpose).
The sight of two empty strongbacks in my workshop will force me to get building again and yes I would like to have a look at the plans for a Shelly.
Greetings,
Ronny