Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
ptostu

Re: Blithfield event

Post by ptostu »

Well loverly day nice people another disaster for my self broken moth again :( and not able tp fix it and get nack tomorrow thanks to all there
Cheers stuart
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
Pat

Post by Pat »

Good day's sailing - very windy first race but calmer later. Pete Vinton led all races, with Ian in the classic Moth taking second. Several local Merlins swelling the mixed fleet of travellers which includes a lovely vintage 14. More racing tomorrow but look out for David Henshall's report already posted to Y&Y.

Sent from my Windows phone.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I'm sorry I couldn't be there today but many thanks to everyone at Blithefield for a great day yesterday. A good combination of a welcoming friendly club, good food and drinks between races and competent but un-fussy race officering!
We hope to be back.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Even windier today and a change of wind direction which made for some exciting reaches.
Many thanks to Luke and all those at Blithfield whose hard work made the event truly enjoyable and a great success in every way. The club made us all feel very welcome and have already said that they would be glad to have us back again, so next year lets try and get a few more boats to this excellent venue.

Luke,
If you get to read this please add my name to the list of those that would like to be sent some photos. I missed the bit just after the prizegiving where somebody was taking names of those interested in having some.

Regards

Ian M
Int Moth K2883
davidh

Post by davidh »

Pat,

have a bare bones report pretty much ready to go BUT - do you have the results and if so, will you send them over to me please? I promise I'll say nice things about Sandy!

I can only echo Ian's comments - Blithfield was a wonderful event that deserves a much greater level of support in subsequent years.

Pictures and report will be on the Y&Y site shortly

D
David H
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Thanks to all for a brilliant weekend with lovely people. The Blithfield crowd were especially welcoming and helpful. Wish all sailing clubs were this good. CVRDA people were most friendly and helpful, racing the way all should - Professional, helpful and gentlemanly (including the ladies). Thanks also to David for attending, taking such lovely photos and publicising the event in the press.

Regards

Chris Barker

I14 No 378
Pat

Post by Pat »

We'd like to echo all of the above as we had an excellent weekend. Can't post full results at present as we're camping but
1 Ian in the Moth
2 Sandy & I Albacore
3 Pete Vinton Finn
4 Chris & Lois Barlow Merlin 507
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
davidh

Post by davidh »

All,

day 2 and overall report now with Y&Y - I would hope that this will be posted later today.

I've taken a few liberties in compiling the report as I think the Jones beats Smith up the beat then looses to Jenkins down the reach is pretty well dead - you can see the eyes glaze over at the formulaic way of writing. SO.... you've my impressions from what I saw whilst on shore watching.

I would also have to say that Roger and Angie turning up at midnight (maybe they thought that if they went around the town 7 times the walls would all fall down and they'd find a way out!) speaks volumes for the friendliness of the Association. As it is, we all learnt plenty over the weekend, we've 'new' friends and what surely must be a great new location. Luke survived the weekend (the only reason I camped was so that I had the car complete with tow ball...had Luke suffered a serious 'accident' i'd have whisked Seventh Heaven away before Staffordshire Police could say the word 'suspect' - even over and above Sandy and Pats Love over Gold!

Next stop...Bosham!

Cheers

D
David H
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

ptostu wrote:Well loverly day nice people another disaster for my self broken moth again :( and not able tp fix it and get nack tomorrow thanks to all there
Cheers stuart
sorry you couldn't make it back, was some good wind on Sunday. See you soon hopefully....... with a military grade steel moth
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Spiderman wrote:
Luke,
If you get to read this please add my name to the list of those that would like to be sent some photos. I missed the bit just after the prizegiving where somebody was taking names of those interested in having some.

Regards

Ian M
Int Moth K2883
Hi Ian,

Glad you had such a good weekend and congratulations on the win, can you PM me your email please and ill get Don to send on the details.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Hi All,

I just wanted to say a quick thank you on behalf of Blithfield and especially from myself to all of you who came to the club this weekend. The classic scene really attracted some interest amongst our members and will hopefully aid in getting more of these boats on the water regularly.

Personally I really enjoyed the weekend and had some great times on and off the water. Thanks also to those who's support and guidance helped me get the weekend organised, I couldn't have asked for my first event to go better.

Bring on next year I say, and hopefully get some more boats out there.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

davidh wrote:All,

day 2 and overall report now with Y&Y - I would hope that this will be posted later today.

I've taken a few liberties in compiling the report as I think the Jones beats Smith up the beat then looses to Jenkins down the reach is pretty well dead - you can see the eyes glaze over at the formulaic way of writing. SO.... you've my impressions from what I saw whilst on shore watching.

I would also have to say that Roger and Angie turning up at midnight (maybe they thought that if they went around the town 7 times the walls would all fall down and they'd find a way out!) speaks volumes for the friendliness of the Association. As it is, we all learnt plenty over the weekend, we've 'new' friends and what surely must be a great new location. Luke survived the weekend (the only reason I camped was so that I had the car complete with tow ball...had Luke suffered a serious 'accident' i'd have whisked Seventh Heaven away before Staffordshire Police could say the word 'suspect' - even over and above Sandy and Pats Love over Gold!

Next stop...Bosham!

Cheers

D
David, Stainless steel padlock and chain in the post :P
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
davidh

Post by davidh »

Ok - the report is all up on line, I hope you 'enjoy' it.

link is: http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/1 ... ld-overall

IAN - M that is aka Spiderman. Quick...there is someone on the MR website with a full width traveller for sale!
(PS - also have pictures of you)

regards

D
David H
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Lukey T wrote:
ptostu wrote:Well loverly day nice people another disaster for my self broken moth again :( and not able tp fix it and get nack tomorrow thanks to all there
Cheers stuart
sorry you couldn't make it back, was some good wind on Sunday. See you soon hopefully....... with a military grade steel moth
Hello luke I had no rivets at home the right size to swop my fittings over to my other mast but it was fun while it lasted that mast now owes me £70 now I have ordered a carbon pack to repair it
Thanks to all there
David any chance you might have a picture of me befor I self destructed
Cheers stuart
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825