Blithfield event

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Re: Blithfield event

Post by Rupert »

I'd think having the start of the EPS's as the 5 min for the cvrda would give the fleets enough separation.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Must get on Y&Y and tell Grumph there's an EPS start - won't mention it's at the woodbothers gathering :lol:

Actually a bit of promotion like that on Y&Y and on the Merlin forum wouldn't come amiss. Would someone from the club like to start a thread or two?? And any other class forums that would fit in.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chrismartin3583

Post by chrismartin3583 »

Do we have a rough idea of haw many CVRDA boats will we coming?

Food etc is planned for Saturday & Sunday so knowing numbers would be useful. up to 10 EPSs are expected so if there are a similar number of vintage ships I think we'll split the starts.

Chris
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The poster on Y&Y...

CVDRA again...

what is it with spelling and classic boat sailors?
Rupert
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Hello am I all right to come along with my magnum 8 if I can repair it in time
Cheers stuart
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Further to my earlier post, I have now booked accommodation and expect to be there with my wife and International 14. Her operation is the following Wednesday! We will be eating at lunchtimes but not in the evening.

Chris Barker
I14 No 378
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hi....

susxi and I will be there with camper but sadly no smokers- this is looking to be very much a working weekend for me (I'm at West Kirby on the Friday....) - will the 'gutter press' be able to join in on Saturday night???? (we'll promise not to quote from anything that is said at the bar or the BBQ!!)

If I bring my life jacket is there any chance of getting afloat at some point on a rescue boat for some pictures. I'll be writing up the event for magazines abroad and am more than happy to do the text for you for Y&Y.

See you at the weekend,

Dougal
All at Sea/Yachting World
David H
chrismartin3583

Quick update - can anyone intending to camp on Friday please phone Peter male (07798785849) to obtain access to the field.

Thanks
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Quick update - can anyone intending to camp on Friday please phone Peter male (07798785849) to obtain access to the field.
Does that include Campervans and Motorhomes or do we stay on the carpark?
Wendy and I are hoping to come and would expect to arrive Friday evening. I am planning to bring my Shelley Moth providing that I can remember where I have stored all the bits and bobs.
Regards
Ian M
chrismartin3583

I would imagine that the carpark will be ok, but even if it isn't the field is easily accessible. Pete M will sort you out.
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi again Chris,
I have been in touch with Peter male and it seems as though we shouldn't have any problems arriving Friday evening although he did mention something about "party games" being planned on the field as part of the function. We are happy to stay on the carpark if that turns out to be the case so no dramas.
Please include Wendy and myself on the list of those requiring food on Saturday and Sunday, particularly Saturday evening's BBQ or whatever. Thanks.
Regards
Ian Marshall
Int Moth K2883
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Just to confirm I will be there for the Saturday only so 2 for lunch on Saturday and one Finn.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
chrismartin3583

Forecast looks good at the moment 8-12kts on Saturday, 9 kts sunday with some lumps in. NW and N which can make for interesting shifts.

Should be fun.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Chris.... am now up on the Wirral (read for West Kirby SC tomorrow) and will then head south. Have a couple of mags interested in taking copy. I'll be taking pictures and looking for stories - the event is well newsworthy!

see you Saturday

dougal
David H
SoggyBadger

Post by SoggyBadger »

My priorities have changed. I won't be there.
Best wishes

SB