Blithfield Rally 2014

Chat about CVRDA events
Lukey T

Blithfield Rally 2014

Post by Lukey T »

So Blithfield is going to be hosting another rally this year and hopefully it will be as enjoyable as last years event.

This year the event will be second bank holiday week in May 24th and 25th so the question is.... is everyone happy with the way the event was run last year? number of races? timings ect. Or would you like to try something different this year.

Last year the races were:
Sat 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00
Sunday 10:00 and 12:00 (own start with club racing)

This year would everyone like the same? or we can alter to suit with having a classic start during the club fleet racing at 14:00 and 16:00 on the Sunday?

Also would anyone like to stay over on the Sunday night and sail on the Monday?

lots of options many which I'm sure I've not got on here so any suggestions are more than welcome. This year we will also have the DeMay series joining us.

Everyone one will get a warm welcome and camping ect is free.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven
PeterV

Re: Blithfield Rally 2014

Post by PeterV »

I was happy with last year's arrangements, but I did only attend on the Saturday. This year I hope to be able to attend both days.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

We intend coming again and have booked in to the Premier Inn Rugeley for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Quite happy with last year but this year I will probably sail on Sunday afternoon even if not racing then pack up Monday morning before leaving for home.

Will be sailing single handed as last year so racing but not competitively.

Chris Barker
International 14 No 378
Lukey T

Post by Lukey T »

Ok so two day same as last year. Would everyone want to race the club races at 14:00 and 16:00 or have a CVRDA start? Or have a lie in and not have the 10:00 race on sunday?

The pictures from last year are now on the website at:

http://www.blithfield.org.uk/multimedia ... temId=3958

Ive uploaded most, a fee more still to go on. Don't know how to put them on here.
Luke

MR3296 Seventh Heaven