Roadford Meeting date VERY IMPORTANT

Chat about CVRDA events
alan watson

Re: Roadford Meeting date VERY IMPORTANT

Post by alan watson »

Thank you Alan,,

J Boats, grudges - however salty - Finn Nationals and Moths throughout the decades should be a Wonderful Weekend. I shall have a large G and T on the wings between tacks !!!

Can't wait

ALAN
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

Karen has broken her arm [badly] so I wont be down there this w/e after all :cry:

One day I'll get there, I hope. at least I have Clywedog to look forward to, unless she manages to break something else...............
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Oh poor Karen! Hope she recovers quickly and it's not too painful.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

What a fabulous weekend with the most exciting sailing conditions.
Well done to Alan and all at Roadford for another great CVRDA event.
Great to see all the Classic Finns in close combat although you will understand the Mothies reluctance to get too involved. Those short first windward legs were a bit scary with only 2mm ply for protection! Thanks for tolerating our wizz and splash antics.

Thanks to Spiderman for graciously letting me through at the gybe mark at least once in each race :lol:

Anxiously waiting now for the prosecution evidence in my case of Needlespar abuse!

Lyndon
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Yup,

great weekend....loved it.

Thanks Alan and Alistair, it was the best Roadford event for years.

Great to have all the Finns, and wonderful to see the Moths.

See you all again soon.

I look forwards to reading David's report and seeing some more photos.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Obscured by clouds

Good to hear that it was a great event, I was gutted that I could'nt make it; car loaded up all ready to go too!

The campsite have given me a voucher for another time - hopefully I can use it for next year.

Just to let you know, Karen has bust her arm in a particularly bad spot, just below the shoulder joint, meaning that it cant be splinted or put in a cast, just a wrist sling and some pain relief. We're off to the fractures clinic on Thursday,where They will decide whether she needs a pin put in.

Any suggestions /tips on how to promote a good healing regime would be appreciated, bearing in mind I have an independently minded, stubborn and rather fidgety patient to keep an eye on. :)

I might cross post to banter to keep this thread on track
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
[down to 3!]
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Tony
I'm sorry you could not make it. Hope Karen recovers quickly, nasty place to have abreak. I can only suggest tea and sympathy.
Regards Alan
Obscured by clouds

alan williams wrote:Hi Tony
I'm sorry you could not make it. Hope Karen recovers quickly, nasty place to have abreak. I can only suggest tea and sympathy.
Regards Alan
:lol:
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
[down to 3!]
Pat

Post by Pat »

Great fun and I think that's the fastest we've ever planed down a reach - wondering all the time if it was going to end in tears!
I still refuse to believe Ed's crew was a beginner as he was trapezing like a pro whenever the Jollyboat shot past in a great spray.
Results will be posted later but Finns and Moths dominated. Giles & Chris M in the 1965 Wayfarer were deservedly top of the rest at around 7th and completed every race with huge grins but cvrda qualifying Finns and Moths took the top places.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
roger

Post by roger »

Chris M in a Wayfarer, now I can really take the p mickey
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Roger,

FYI

There were two things that we all seemed to agree on!

- that you were sadly missed!

- that you'd have had a ball in the Fireball - you'd have loved it!

There is a serious consideration for you to all think about though.

Roadford is one of the locations that is (a) Classic friendly and (b) big enough for the faster boats to sail at. Now if you'd turned up with anything quick (not a Jboat....) you'd probably have wanted the courses to have been half as big again or more. That would NOT have pleased the rest of the fleet.

Now what was clear to me was how giving the event a theme worked. For next year, maybe we should do more of the same - identify events and then work at attracting boats that fit a profile (that is not to say that everyone is invited) - but, if needs be, have the option of a second, bigger course for the faster trapeze boats. It isn't going to happen this year..but in 2015, with places such as Poole showing an interest, maybe it is time for the Fireballs, 14s and (fingers crossed) maybe even a five0 or two to get out there and enjoy!

D
David H
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Dave could you please ask Pat to post your report on the CVRDA website if you are willing to do this.
Thanks
Regards Al
Pat

Post by Pat »

Full results now on main site. http://www.cvrda.org
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
nwylie

Post by nwylie »

What a fantastic weekend ! The wind strength was quite challenge for me and certainly for the N33 national 12 which kept breaking things and ended splitting the mast . Despite that, the sailing was immense fun and everything dinghy racing should be.
I lent my Enterprise E18659 to friends (Nigel and Marianne Shirlow) who thoroughly enjoyed their first CVDRA roadford event.

Thanks to Allan and Alistair for hosting and organizing.

(Just one picky point on the results , Pat , N33 is Vintage not classic, ie 1936 clinker etc .)

Bring it on next year!

Neil
davidh

Post by davidh »

As the saying goes, I can resist anything but temptation. So, I had tacitly agreed that I would not post any naughty pics from the weekend, but this one of MothManAlan, in which he is clearly wishing to display a well turned (though neoprene clad) ankle.

I just wish there was sound in this shot...... as he lost his footing and fell backwards into the water, I think he said 'Oh bother'!

But be careful, there are plenty more where these came from!

D

PS: Neil..have shots of N33 sailing...and of your Enterprise going v quickly. I didn't get a chance to say but that is rigged with a suit of Alphas - dear old Ian Henry at his Bitterne Triangle loft. I guess the boat is an Avacraft?

D
Attachments
AW capsize_lr.jpg
David H